Part 9

It was several hours later, when Lindsey woke up and found Stevie to be fast asleep beside him, closely cuddled up in his arms. He smiled, turned slightly and took a closer look at her.

With the morning sun now shining through the white curtains of the windows and the rays of sunlight sparkling on her pale face, her long, blonde, curly hair reflecting the light, she looked just like an angel. Her facial expression so peaceful, her breathing totally even, her chest rising and falling with every breath she was taking. He just couldn't take his eyes off her. She was enchanting.

He watched her sleeping for a while, trying his best to not touch and risk waking her up.

The memories of their last night together came quickly up on his mind. The sex had been breathtaking – absolutely amazing! It was all he had remembered it to be with her and still so much more. Their connection was running deep, he had always felt it when they had connected in the most intimate way two people could do. And still, there was a feeling of guilt coming up. He had just cheated on his wife – with Stevie, his ex-girlfriend. The woman that had haunted him for years – no, even decades. And once again, he had cheated on a woman just to be with her.

He knew he had to stop. He knew he was risking his family life by being in this bed with her. This was definitely an one-night stand that could not be repeated. But it was not like he could just get up, leave and not see her again. Actually, it was quite the opposite! He would see her for the next upcoming weeks, day after day after day. No way, he could just get up and leave her behind like that! And more importantly, he didn't even want to. He enjoyed having her lying by his side like that after they had made love for hours during the night.

Carefully, he turned around to not wake her up and grabbed the telephone receiver on the nightstand, dialing the hotel's phone number and waiting for someone to pick up. It didn't take long and he was able to quietly order some breakfast.

A knock at the door fifteen minutes later and he knew breakfast was served. Quickly, he climbed out of the bed and grabbed his clothes, dressing up in a hurry.

"What are you doing?!"

"Stevie! Oh my God!", Lindsey exclaimed startled.

"You're leaving!", Stevie said matter-of-factly, watching him getting back into his sweatpants from the night before.

Her face dropped and she gripped the bedsheets to cover herself up as waves of insecurity were flooding her.

"No, I was just..-", Lindsey started but was quickly interrupted again.

"Don't even start! You fucked me and now you're leaving me behind like some cheap whore! I'm surprised you didn't leave some cash on the nightstand!"

"Whoa whoa whoa! Stevie, you get that totally wrong!"

"Oh really?! I don't think so!", she snapped, hurt clearly evident in her voice.

"Stephanie-"

"Oh no! Don't call me that!! Don't you dare call me that!"

"You said you like it when I..-"

"You have no right to play that card on me, now!"

Wow, she was pissed, he thought to himself.

"Listen, Stevie! You get it all wrong! I just wanted to get us some breakfast. I ordered while you were still asleep and didn't want to wake you up when I heard the knocking at the door by the room service."

"Oh...", now she felt embarassed and her voice softened.

"Calm down, baby!", he chuckled lightly, approached her and placed a kiss on her forehead, "And besides, if you were my 'cheap whore', I wouldn't leave you but would throw you out of my room!"