Part 14

"Who was at the door?", Sharon asked curiously.

"Lindsey."

"Lindsey?!", Christine raised a brow.

"Yes."

"What did he want?", Lori wanted to know.

Stevie thought about her answer for a moment, then came up with a good excuse, "He said we were too loud. He's got the room right across from mine. He's pissed."

"And what did you two talk about for so long?"

"I told him to grow up and stop whining.", she lied.

"You fought again?!", Chris sighed, "Great! Tomorrow's show will be fucking amazing with you two fighting again!"

"No.. We didn't fight. We're good."

"What's up with you and Lindsey lately?", Lori asked.

"What do you mean?", Stevie played dumb.

"All that talking lately... On the plane, two minutes ago and I saw you two disappearing at today's lunch!"

"Umm.. Nothing. We're fine."

"Stevie... Come on! What's up?!"

"Nothing, Lori! Seriously, I have no idea what you mean! Am I not allowed to talk to Lindsey anymore?!"

"That's not what I mean. It's just weird, you know.. Since Chris has been back, sorry Chris", Lori looked apologetically at Christine who waved it off, "you and Lindsey barely had any contact whatsoever. Especially, if you consider how well you got along last tour.."

"See, Lori! Lindsey and I just try to get back to where we were last year.."

"Stevie.. You can't fool us!"

"Lori, I'm honestly tired of your accusing!"

"It's just... Be careful, Stevie.."

"What?! What is that supposed to mean, huh?", Stevie snapped.

"We all know you and Lindsey.. You can't be friends. It's impossible for the two of you."

"How can you say such things? We've been good for years!"

"Just be careful, okay?"

"Why?"

"That's all I'm gonna say. Be careful!"

Later that night, when Lori, Sharon and Christine had finally left, Stevie lay alone in her bed, Lori's words repeating themselves in her head over and over again. What did she mean? Be careful?! Why?! Did Lori have an idea that she and Lindsey had had sex? Oh dear God, hopefully not! They definitely needed to be more careful in the future. Getting caught was no option! But why did they even go on with this? Did she really want to have an affair with a married man again? She had promised herself over and over that she would never ever go for a married man again! She had always ended up being hurt! On the other hand, they were having fun! The sex was fantastic and it felt good to get away from her loneliness for some time.

Stevie turned around in her bed, unable to fall asleep. If it hadn't been for the girls, she would have spent tonight with Lindsey and she wouldn't be the one lying in this huge hotel bed alone right now.

I can still go knocking at his door, she thought.

"No! No, no, no, Stevie, you're not going to do that!", she said resolutely and eventually fell asleep a few hours later.