Part 22

The following weeks of their break went by in a hurry. And soon it was time again to get on a plane and fly to Australia for the last part of their world tour.

During their break, Lindsey had continuously come by to visit Stevie at her condo and had even stayed overnight. Stevie had no idea what he had told his wife but after their talk on her balcony after their first night together at her home, she had stopped asking him. He certainly didn't like that topic and she was tired of feeling bad for enjoying having him around.

Lindsey had managed to spend at least three nights each week at her place and it almost felt like they were in a real relationship, except that they couldn't really leave the house because the risk of getting photographed was way too high. So, they had mostly spent their time doing things like watching TV, cooking together, cuddling and making love. It all reminded Stevie so much of their time together before they had become famous and had nothing but each other, except for the fact that she wasn't completely exhausted and stressed out from working as a waitress and cleaning lady all day and having to fear for their existence.

Perhaps, she could go on like this, having him once in awhile was better than not having him at all, even though it hurt every single time he stepped out of her door and went back to his family. She asked after his kids, she knew how important they were to him and just how much he loved his three children but both of them refused to even mention Kristen's name once, avoiding her presense successfully.

-

"Stevie, you have to hurry up! It's time! We need to get to the airport!", Karen shouted through the condo and Stevie rolled her eyes in return. Oh, how much she hated early mornings!

"I'm coming!", she yelled back and put on some sunglasses to hide her lack of make-up, then turned off the lights, grabbed her purse and went into the hallway where Karen was already waiting with the rest of her suitcases.

"Stevie, we really need to go, now..."

"I know. Just let me say goodbye to Sulamith before I go."

"Okay, I'll be waiting in the car!", Karen said and followed the driver who took Stevie's suitcases outside to the car.

"Oh baby.. Mommy's gonna miss you so much!", Stevie cooed lovingly and pressed her tiny dog tightly to her chest, "But you know I can't take you with me to Oz.. Yes, I hate that, too, honey!", she laughed as Sulamith barked in disapproval, "But you know Jessie's going to take care of you until I'm back! It's only a few weeks.."

"Stevie?"

"See? There she is! She's going to take you now!", Stevie said and went to the front door where her niece was waiting for her.

"Hi Jessie! It's so nice to see you! Give your old aunt a hug!"

The young woman laughed and wrapped her aunt into her arms, hugging her sweetly.

"I missed you, Stevie! And now you're already leaving again.."

"I know.. But it's the last leg of the tour! I'll be back in November!"

"Yeah.. Promise me to look after my mum?"

"You know, it's more like she's looking after me, sweet girl!", Stevie laughed.

"Yes, you're right..", Jessie laughed.

"As much as I'd like to chat with you some more, sweetie.. If I don't get my ass into that damn car within a minute, Karen's gonna explode!"

"Okay..", Jessie chuckled, "Is there anything special Sulamith needs?"

"Well, Karen put everything together in her dog basket in the living-room. There are her toys, her blanket, her food.."