Part 17

The following weeks of the European tour leg went by in a hurry and Stevie and Lindsey continued with their secret affair, making out in each other's dressing rooms and spending their nights cuddled up in each other's arms after making love.

Stevie could not remember the last time she had felt so unbelievably beautiful and desired by a man – it must have been ages ago. Lindsey made love to her with such an intensity and adoration, constantly hungry for her touch and attention, that she almost couldn't believe it.

She knew she was falling for him again – hard. But there was just no way that she would end things between them, she savoured their time together way too much to put an end to it, even when she knew that she was most likely the one ending up with a broken heart again.

It was their last night in Dublin, tomorrow they were going to fly back to the US to have a break until October when they would have to head to Australia to end their world tour.

Mick had wanted to celebrate their last night of their European tour leg with a little party at his suite and so she made herself ready to meet the rest of the band and the closest people of the crew. It was going to be just a small bunch of people but she still had no interest to go whatsoever.

She and Lindsey had not talked about anything emotional since their last conversation that had ended with her breaking out in tears several weeks ago. She had no idea what was going to happen as soon as they would be back in California and how things were going to go when they would head to Australia.

People would think they would talk about their emotional past but they didn't. They had spent the last two-and-a-half months in intimate togetherness, not thinking about his wife and children at home and how their affair was going to affect their already pretty complicated relationship in the future. Instead, they had laughed a lot, had watched TV, had drunk bottles of redwine and pink champagne, had cuddled, kissed, made love and taken hot baths together. Actually, not talking about their issues had blessed them with a wonderful time together. It had been so beautiful and easy with him – she was sure it had not been like that with him since they had been in their early twenties.

Stevie applied her lipstick, took one last look in the mirror, completely satisfied with what she saw (one of the things that had drastically changed with Lindsey being back in her life in a romantic manner because he kept telling her how beautiful she was on a daily basis), grabbed her purse and went out of her suite to get one floor higher, knocking at Mick's suite.

It didn't take long and he openend up the door, happily greeting her and guiding her into the living-area where most of the other guests were already chatting away. As usual, she had been one of the last ones to arrive. Quickly, someone thrusted a glass of champagne into her hand and she found herself near Christine who was talking to Steve, one of the drummers, about the new songs she had written and worked on with Lindsey a few months ago.

Stevie listened politely and asked a few questions to show her interest in Christine's work even though she hated that topic already. Everybody wanted her to finally commit to making a new Fleetwood Mac album but she wanted nothing to do with that at the moment. She was completely spent and exhausted from touring for almost two-and-a-half years with the band, having no time to promote her own record by touring solo. Her hips and legs were killing her and she had started to feel her age. Inside, she still felt like a young woman, full of life and power, but her body refused to believe this and showed her every now and then that these times were over. Those shows were exhausting, stretching her voice and body to the limit, and the travelling and stress of touring and those new night-time sessions with Lindsey didn't really help her in recovering.