Part 21

Three hours later, they had sat down in Stevie's kitchen and prepared breakfast. Stevie was sitting on a bar stool, watching with big eyes how Lindsey made pancakes for both of them.

"Honestly.. What the hell happened to you?!", she asked, still stunned about his major kitchen skills.

"Three kids happened, Stevie!", he laughed and flipped the pancakes, "Once you have them, everything changes.. You can't just sit around and let anybody else do all that normal stuff for you. So, I had to learn to cook at least a few things to feed them when they're hungry.."

"What else can you cook?", Stevie asked curiously, admiring his strong arms and bare upper body as he was only standing there in a pair of jeans.

"Seriously?", he chuckled and shot her a look.

"Yes. I really want to know. I've never seen you cook before!"

"You never let me."

"You burned water, Lindsey. Water. How can someone burn water?!"

"Oh come on, that was ages ago!"

"Doesn't matter! It still happened.", she said.

"That was the best time of my life..", he muttered melancholically.

"What do you mean?"

"When you and I lived together back then. We were so young, had nothing and still... we were so happy.. and so in love.."

"We were...", she admitted, avoiding his eyes.

"Do you sometimes think about that time? I mean about us? How we used to be before this crazy thing happened with the band?", Lindsey asked, desperately searching for her eyes.

"Of course, I do. Very often lately..", Stevie answered sheepishly and blushed a little.

He smiled sweetly at her response and bent over the kitchen island to kiss her. She giggled and returned his kiss happily, then dipped a finger into the pancake batter and smeared it onto his nose, to lift up and lick it off again.

"Mmmmmm..", she said appreciatively and licked her lips.

"Tastes good?"

"Very yummy!"

"I think I have to taste it myself.", he said, walked around the kitchen island, untied her creamy-colored silk robe and smeared some batter on her left nipple.

"You are so horny..", Stevie laughed and shook her head when he lowered his head to lick and suck the batter off her breast.

"You were right. Very tasty.. Although, I'm not so sure if it was you or the batter tasting that delicious!", he winked at her.

She blushed and chuckled lightly when he walked back to the stove and she retied her robe, "How much longer is this going to take? I'm hungry, Linds.."

"Two more minutes, babe!"

"How about having breakfast on my balcony?", she suggested while feeding Sulamith.

"Great idea! Make yourself comfortable, I'll get our plates outside."

"I feel like you're the one living here and I'm the guest!", she laughed and went outside, being welcomed by a fantastic view of the blue ocean and sky in front of her, the sun sparkling on the water.

"Oh, wow! That's the perfect place to have breakfast!", he exclaimed and handed her a plate of blueberry pancakes with some whipped cream on top.

"Oh, you made them just like I love them!", she cooed.