💥Chapter 36: Relations💥

Recap
I smiled at my big brother. "You're awesome, you know that?"

He laughed, "what?"

"I mean it!" I gave him a hug, "You always know what to say. People love that about you y'know? You always have a solution." I smirked, "don't believe me? You can ask Uraraka~ I'm sure she agrees."

He punched my shoulder, "Would you stop that?" He said it with attitude but the laughs and smiles between us showed that he wasn't mad.

I couldn't have asked for a better brother.
———————————————————————————
Y/n's POV
Me and Izuku spent the rest of the day talking. I never realized how much I missed when it came to his improvement. I told him everything about how I got my injuries and Katsuki's part in saving me.

"I can't believe that happened to you. And the guys got away? I hope they don't come after you again.." Izuku said, he was clearly really worried about my safety. I understood his concern.

"Well," I gave him a cocky smile, "I'll be ready for them if they try."

"Y/n.. this is really serious. You might not have someone who can show up and help you like kacchan did.." He sighed. I glared at him. I understand the point he's making, but I'm not some damsel in distress. He caught my glare and waved his hands, "I know that you can take care of yourself, but the injuries you had were really serious.."

"I know." I sighed at myself, "I'll be more cautious from now on okay?" He nodded in response.

Changing the subject, I turned to him. "Do you know when exactly it was when Katsuki started caring about me? He offered to walk me home. When we were kids he used to either yell at me until I ran away crying or just ignore my existence. I wonder why that changed..."

"Well," Izuku smiled sadly, "I'm sure it's because of how much you changed. You don't run away from anything and he couldn't ignore you even if he tried. Kacchan thinks of you as a friend." His smile became more uplifting as he spoke.

A friend?

My face must have gave away my happiness from that statement, because Izuku started chuckling. "Y'know you're worried about when he started caring about you, but the real question is when did you start caring about all that? You used to hate him didn't you?"

I froze. When did that happen? I know I don't hate him anymore, but why the sudden change of heart? He hasn't really changed at all since we were kids... maybe because of my change from quirkless to having a quirk? I had always hated him because he was mean and arrogant. He's still mean, but he's not arrogant. He used to laugh and look down on others, but ever since he came to U.A. He treats everyone as a serious opponent; even me and Izuku who he had looked down for years.

"Y/n?" Izuku called. I yet again stuck my head out of the clouds.

"Wow Izu, that's some thought-provoking insight. You sounded so mature just now." I teased. He gave me a straight face.

"I am mature." Izuku said, his voice was slightly annoyed and laced with additude. I couldn't help but laugh. He was right, as always, I should probably start figuring out what changed about me instead of guess why others changed.

"Welp," I rose to my feet, "I'll see you at school, lil bro!"

As Izuku walked to the front door he spoke, "still older than you." As I opened the door for him he gave me a smile. I returned it. "See you at school, Y/n."

"See ya!" I waved goodbye and he walked out the door. I closed the door and ate curry with my dad. After a long chat with him, I went to my bedroom and checked the time. Katsuki would be up right now. I should tell him that I'll be at school tomorrow. I grabbed my phone and opened up the messenger.

Me: Hey Hey, guess who's coming to school tomorrow~! 🎊

Blastyboi: Took you long enough

Me: lol father wouldn't let me leave the house until my injuries had healed. He wouldn't even let me go to work.

Blastyboi: maybe next time you should be more cautious and less stupid, moron.

Me: man I missed your caring words, Katsuki 🥹

Blastyboi: go die

Me: How mean! 🥲 see you at school, boom boy!

Blastyboi: 💢 Don't call me that!

Me: Night!

I turned off my phone and smiled. I wonder if he was worried about my injuries? Probably not, they were my fault after all. I set my head down on my pillow.

Bing

Blastyboi: see ya tomorrow

A smile spread across my face and my chest felt warm. Just those three words made me happier than I thought they would. He was probably just being polite, but for Katsuki, that was something very special to me.

Me: sleep well! ☺️

Although he didn't text me back, I went to sleep with a light heart.