Three

So I came back from work at around 11 am and about an hour of coming home earlier from work I manage to fall asleep on the sofa while watching the news.

I am startled awake from my sleep yet again. This time I dreamt that our eyes met and she ran away, I then started chasing her and she kept running away...

It's dark outside and when I check the time it's 8:39 pm.

Wow at least I got to rest for over 8 hours. I stand up and take my plate to the kitchen.

I head over to my bedroom and take off my clothes. I get into the shower and allow the warm water to relax my muscles and as the water starts getting cooler, I wash my body, rinse and come out.

I dress in a free floral short dress and head for the kitchen to make some pasta and grilled chicken with some green salad.

I turn connect my cellphone to the speaker and play music. Adele's I drink wine is playing and I relax as I cook. When I'm cooking, nothing else matters.

About an hour later I'm eating. I finish eating and I wash my dishes and head for bed.

I open my cellphone and open an article on queer lives and start reading.

I'm a reader, I love reading, especially when it comes to matters I am passionate about. At some point in my high school years, I thought I would be a writer, but it turned out I had no talent for it and so I decided to stick to just being a reader.

At around midnight I feel my eyelids getting heavy and I close the third article I was on and plug the phone in the charger and I get under the duvet.

I am woken out of my sleep my by 6 am alarm clock. I stretch my limbs and I actually feel relaxed.
I am relieved I didn't dream about what I saw that night again.

I open the windows, make up my bed, head for the bathroom and wash my face and I start sweeping around the apartment. I make myself lunch for work and an English breakfast and eat as I watch the news.

At around 06:45 am, I am done eating. I connect my phone to the speakers and Birdie's voice can be heard through the apartment. I head for the bathroom, I brush my teeth and get into the shower.

When I am done showering I wrap my blue towel around my body and prepare to dress for work.

Today I wear a cream colour knee length dress and some purple stilletos. I tie my braids up neatly and put on a nude lipstick.

I grab my laptop, my handbag and head for the car.

When I open my office, I am immediately greeted by a fresh scent of roses.

There is a cute bouquet of pink roses on my desk...

Never in my entire life have I ever gotten flowers.

There is a small card as well and before I am done reading I already know that the flowers are from Samantha.

"Hey beautiful, I hope you got some rest yesterday... S."

She's never given me flowers before.

After I turned her down two years ago when she asked me out, she didn't push, but simply left the matter alone. She occasionally flirts with me though, with her playful banters, or throwing me a wink when we pass each other or see each other here at work.

The flowers make me uncomfortable. I wish she hadn't really. I am not used to gifts from anyone other than my parents.

What do these flowers mean? Am I supposed to get her something as well?