War Zone!

* Eddie slammed a magazine on the table and smiled saying*
Eddie: Check this out. The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge, they got everything you need for, uh... Well, killing things, basically.
Robin: Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?
Eddie: Well, lucky for us it is, so. This... This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks.
Erica: If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to to some place called the War Zone.
Nancy: Normally, I'd agree but we need weapons.
Y/n: Okay... Nancy, we would be walking into a death trap. Eddie would be hunted down in seconds.
Steve: What if he just doesn't go in.
Nancy: Agreed, I think it's worth the risk...
Lucas: Me too.
Dustin: Yeah, but is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back.
Eddie: Who said anything about bikes?
Steve: What? You got some car we don't know about?
Eddie: I mean it's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but uh... It'll do. * He said raising from his bent down position and grinning*
Y/n: So we're stealing a car?
Dustin: Seems like it...
Y/n: Who doesn't like some good grand theft auto.* You said mumbling*
Eddie: Hey red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandana, something like that?
* Max crossed her arms and tilted her head. She then grabbed a Michal Myers mask and handed it to Eddie. Once everyone was outside they quickly ran behind trailers and trees reaching a specific trailer. Eddie checked all the windows until he finally found one that was unlocked, he slid open the window and crawled inside.
Eddie: That was suffocating. * He said taking off the mask*
* After Eddie it was Steve, then Nancy then Lucas, you, Max, Erica, and then Dustin. Eddie locked the door and climbed into the drivers seat. You and Steve stepped beside Eddie and watched as he pulled out pliers from his bag and held them in his teeth as he pulled out a pair of wires from the trailer*
Y/n: Eddie, so uh. What's your plan, huh?
Eddie: Well...
* Eddie cut a few wires and quickly started trying to hot-wire the car*
Steve: Where'd you learn how to do this?
Eddie: When the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. So uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name.
Y/n: Sorry to interrupt your speech but um. I'm not sure if I like the idea of you driving...
Eddie: Oh I'm starting this sucker, Harrington's got her. Don't ya big boy? * He said finally hot-wiring the car*
???: What the hell!? Hey! Open this door! Hey!
???: They locked the door!
* Eddie smiled as he ran out of the drivers seat and into the back of the trailer. Steve rushed into the drivers seat and you sat in the passenger*
Steve: Shit! Go! It's just a car, alright everybody, hang onto something!
Y/n: Jesus Christ...
Lucas: Oh my god! Oh my god, let's go! Let's go!
Dustin: Drive, Steve! Drive!
Robin: Go! Go! Go!
* Steve pressed down on the gas peddle and the trailer pushed forward making your back suddenly hit the seat*
Lucas: Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!
Dustin: Shit, they look pissed.
Y/n: No shit Sherlock!
Robin: I mean it's not every day you lose your house and your car in one fell swoop.
Steve: Hold on! Hold on! * He said hitting a trash can with the trailer*
Dustin: Oh! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!
Steve: Okay.
* The trailer hit the road as everyone took deep breaths of relief*
Y/n: Hey, uh Eddie?
Eddie: Yeah?
Y/n: How far is this place?
Eddie: A half hour, maybe forty minutes.
Y/n: Okay.
* After around twenty minutes you and Nancy switched spots. You were now in the back and Nancy was in the passenger seat. The trailer's radio was turned down low so you could hear Steve and Nancy's conversation*
Nancy: How's it handle?
Steve: Not half bad. Considering this is a... House. Yeah, it's... It's silly, but I, I've actually... I always had this dream, that'd I'd have this really... Really big family. I'm talking like, uh, a full brood of Harrington's. Like, five, six, kids.
Nancy: Six?
Steve: Yeah, six little nuggets. Three girls, three boys. And... And every summer, I figured all us Harrington's, we would pack into something like this and... Just see the country. You know, the Rockies, Grand Canyon, maybe Yellowstone. End up in some beachside town in California. Spend a week parked in the sand. Learn how to surf or something.
Nancy: That, actually sounds kinda nice.
Steve: Yeah?
Nancy: Yeah. * She said smiling*
Y/n: Just kiss already lovebirds!
Steve: Woah! Woah!
Nancy: Y/n!
Y/n: It's so obvious!
Lucas: Agreed...
Max: Yeah.
* Steve cleared his throat and tightened his grip on the steering wheel*
Nancy: Well, uh, I'm sure your family would be uh, great, Steve. Expect the whole six kids part. That sounds like a total nightmare.
Steve: If only I had some practice. * He said motioning to everyone in the back*
Nancy: All right, fair. That's fair.
* Lucas left Erica's side and moved next to Max*
Lucas: Hey. So I've been thinking, two of the three of Vecna's victims were seeing Mrs L/N, right?
Y/n: Lucas, please just call me Y/n. I think we're over last name bases at this point. * You said laughing*
Lucas: Oh, uh, yeah sorry.
Y/n: It's alright.
Lucas: Okay, Max. So I figured there's a good chance Vecna cursed another one of Y/n's students. We go back to her office, and we read all of her files. We look for mentions of headaches. Nosebleeds, nightmares.
Max: Lucas-
Lucas: We identify his most likely next victim.
Max: Lucas-
Lucas: We stake out his house-
Max: Lucas, stop! We don't have time for any of that, okay? And even if we did, even if your plan did work, we'd be putting a total stranger at risk. A stranger who has no idea what they're up against. I do. He uses my memories against me. But... Only my darkest memories. Same with Chrissy and Fred, right?
Lucas: Right...
Max: It's like he only sees the darkness in us.
Y/n: That's not true... * You whispered shuffling in your seat*
Max: So, I'll just run in the opposite direction. Run to the light. And maybe he won't be able to find me there.
Y/n: You realize that sounds, so stupid...
Max: Yeah, but do you have a better idea.
Y/n: No, but I think Lucas's idea was a good shot.
Lucas: Now Max, how exactly do you plan on doing this?
Max: I'm not sure. But it's my mind. Not his, right? So I should be able to control where I am. I just need to... Push him away. Find a happy memory and hide there. Hide in the light.
Lucas: You got a memory in mind?
* Max nodded her head and smiled*
Max: Yeah. It was a time when I was, the happiest.
~ ~ ~
Lucas: Was I there?
Max: That's presumptuous of you.
* Lucas and Max giggled silently. Lucas trying to hold eye contact without blushing*
Max: But yeah. You might've been there.
* Max and Lucas smiled at each other in a comfortable silence. You rolled your eyes and stole a hat from beside Eddie and placed it on your head, purposely covering your eyes*
Lucas: Okay, but the second you start to lift. I'm calling in Kate Bush. All right?
Max: Deal?
Lucas: Deal.
* They shook hands and smiled sheepishly at each other. A few minutes late the trailer came to a halt. Turns out you got to the War Zone quicker than you thought. You didn't even have time to nap. You climbed out of the trailer and stretched. Your eyes then landed on a specific car... Jasons's*

A/n: Thank you for reading! Hope you have a good day or night!