Chapter 16

Amethyst's POV

Orion's sister's husband is my CEO?!
My brother-in-law is my CEO?!
What the fuck?!, did I just say brother-in-law?!

"You look shocked." Dylan says smirking.

Of course I'm shocked. Everything in my life seems to be connected to Orion.

"Um, I don't know what to say."

"Why don't you start by taking a seat, we have a lot to catch up on." Callie says as she proceeds to sit on her husband's lap.

I sit on the chair facing them and place my hands on the desk,
"So like Orion knows I'm working here, and because you're the CEO here that's why he could bring countless gifts into my office." I say without preamble.

"Yes." Dylan answers me.

"And you guys called me here to beg me?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I did, Orion has not slept for weeks, he's terribly cranky and sometimes you'll see him zone out, when he manages to come back, he'll have this extremely sad look on his face. He even baked every cake he sent to you himself." Callie answers.

Wow, in the span of five weeks, I've received twenty cakes.

"Wow." That's all I can say.

"Yes, he made every lunch you ate and he wrote every note you read. I'm not saying that this justifies all what he's done to you, cause I was there when he embarrased you. I'm just telling you to give him a chance, Orion will die without you-literally. He intends to woo you until the depression kills him."

"This is just a lot to take in, what about Ares-"

"Orion thinks of him everyday. He went as far as announcing to the pack that they have an heir, someone who'll be their Alpha when the time comes." Dylan answers this time.

"Oh, so he accepts that Ares is his son now." I say leaning into my chair.

"Don't blame him, please, I know even though he didn't believe you, he shouldn't have insulted you that day. Imagine if you were a guy and you couldn't produce semen and then a girl comes up to you to tell you she's pregnant. For you." Callie says, standing up.

"Is that really how it is?" I question, that seems like a very grave comparism if you ask me.

"Of course, we lycans can't have children with anyone except lycans. It's not possible." Dylan says folding his arm.

"Then explain how I gave birth to Ares." I say, folding my arms too.

"It means you're not human, it means you're different. You're obviously not a lycan, we don't know what you are." Callie says now beside me.

I turn to face her, "I don't believe that, but I'll just shut up."

She just looks at me very closely, "Your contacts are back on, I remember Orion told me your eyes were purple when he found out he was mated to you. I think it's the contacts that blocked the mate connection," She turns to face Dylan, "Or what do you think babe."

"I think so too." He nods.

"Okay, I've decided to give Orion a chance. I'll meet him up on Saturday, I'm bringing Ares, tell him that." I quickly say to change the topic. I hate talking about my eyes or hair, they're my greatest insecurities.

"Oh my God!, that's so great. Orion will go bo-"

A stunning redhead walks into the office with fiery green eyes, but the thing that captivates me about her is the fact that she looks exactly like Callie.

"I'm so fucking pissed right now-" are the words that come out from her mouth.

"Cassie." Callie growls, walking towards her. Now they're near each other, I examine them. No fucking difference!, only Callie's pregnant and Cassie's not.

"What!, I-, Oh hey Dylan and-" she stops when her eyes land on me. Gosh, her eyes are so captivating.

"Cassie, this is Amethyst, she's-"

"Oh! My! Fucking! God!, you're my Lulu's mate!. The one who put him in his fucking place. And-" she paused, then ran over to me, "You're the mother of my fucking nephew!, I heard his name is Ares and I can't wait to spoil him, teach him how to treat girls, to use condoms-"

Wait, Lulu?!, condoms?!

"Cassie!." Callie comes over to drag her from me, she pouts.

"What did I do?, you need to stop scolding me like I'm a child, you have enough of that already and you still want more." She gestures to Callie's protruding stomach.

I can't hold it in anymore, I burst into laughter.

She smiles and winks at me, "Glad to see someone who finds me funny and doesn't scold me."

"What do you want?" Callie sighs as she walks over to Dylan who's now on a phone call.

"I came to report Callum,. He's been very horny lately, it's so bad that I can't seem to feel my pussy between my legs." She says sitting in the seat beside me.

I choked on air. This girl...

"What are we supossed to do about that?, it's normal for newly mated couples. Besides, you need to get pregnant anyway." Callie shrugs.

Cassie gasps and holds her chest looking horrified,

"How would you suggest something so scandalous!. I thought you were my twin sister!"

I burst into laughter again, Tana and Ava seem so calm compared to her.

Callie only rolls her eyes.

"Besides, I don't like children, I've only been mated to Callum for three weks, I'm not like someone who got pregnant the first time she mated." Cassie adds.

I start laughing again as I see Callie's and Dylan's face turn red. Dylan clears his throat and excuses himself from the room.

"Cassie, we'll talk to Callum again, ok?" Callie finally says.

"Sure, so now can I know what my sister's been up to?" Cassie says as she leans into the chair.

"I think I'll just get back to work, Callie, please tell Orion I'll meet him in front of this building at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. We'll decide where we'll go to from there." I say as I stand up.

"Sure, I'm so happy you're giving him a chance." Callie says as she smiles brightly.

"Try not to make another pup, ok?. I haven't met your first one yet." Cassie adds as I'm opening the door. My face heats up as I dash out of the office.

She sure is something.
•~•
Hey guys.

I've decided to be on a roll here.

Not much to say today.

Love, Caramel.

♥️♥️♥️