Chapter ten - Beg

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

I put my apartment keys in the key holder and twist, snapping the door open. I walk in with a stupid smile on my face but my face falls when i hear the tv sound. I'm 100% sure i switched it off before going out.

I quietly close the door and grab the vase on the table next to the door. I walk slowly down the hallway further inside to my apartment and my eyes bulge when i see my dad sitting on the couch watching the notebook; his favorite movie of all time.

I squeal "Dad!" i lower the vase into the ground and run up to him as he stands. I throw myself in his arms and hold myself from crying.

Finally safe.

"Oh, honey." his soft voice whispers as his fragile arms wrap around mine.

Mom and dad were 42 when they had me. Mom used to say that i was the light that illuminated their dark life. She said she waited for me to come into life for too long and she made it her mission to protect me at all costs; and she did. The best part of this story is that my dad never gave up on her when she kept having miscarriage's everytime she got pregnant. He said he loved her and he doesn't care if he's going to spend the rest of his life with her only.

He never gave up on her.

My father is a precious old man. He is my hero. He was always there for me when i needed him. Spoiled me like crazy when i was a little girl.

Losing mom 15 months ago was a downfall for both of us. But my dad never showed it, he kept his ground and lifted me up when i fell. He stood me from the ground with his fragile arms and did everything he could to keep me standing. I am so grateful for him, if it wasn't for him i don't think i'd be alive now.

"I missed you so much." i pull away, a smile on my face. But of course; my old man is having tears rolling down his cheeks.

I chuckle "Aw, you missed me too." i state.

"Nonsense, i was watching the notebook that's why i'm crying." he denies, pointing at my tv; making both of us turn to look at the screen.

"How did you get in? Did i forget to unlock the door?" i question, looking back at him.

"I have a spare key." he explains. I nod "Alright. My legs are giving up." he says, sitting down "I'm getting old."

I sit beside him "Are you hungry?" i ask, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yes, you better cook something good for your old man over here."

"No, we're getting take out. Me and you both know how my cooking is. And i won't even mention your skills in the kitchen." i laugh, getting up.

"I will act like you didn't just insult my cooking." he keeps his eyes on the screen, watching the movie.

I burst out laughing as i walk to my room to change.