Chapter seventeen - hugs and kisses

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

Her eyes are swollen up so bad, giving me a sign that she has been crying. My heart drops when my eyes meets her sad ones and i can't help but ask:

"Were you crying?"

I've been keeping myself distants from her since those bastards broke into her house looking for me. I was upset with her because she didn't call for my help and i understand that she wouldn't do that being the person she is but her life was in danger and it was because of me. I kept distance so maybe she could see that i want to actually be there for her emotionally, i'm not trying to be the hero that swoops in and saves the day.

I genuinely care about Mea.

She's keeping her walls up and pushing me away, i'm scared of whatever this is too - what i feel for her - but i can't stop myself of wanting to know more. I tried to stay away, i couldn't. I won't fight myself anymore. I gave her a little break to think.

But now, seeing her cry is a signal for me to come back closer, maybe she'll finally let me in.

"No." she denies, like she always does.

I get closer, cupping her face "What's wrong, Sweetheart? Talk to me." i encourage.

She closes her eyes, leaning into my hands. She opens her green eyes to look at me again and they're watery, my heart literally fucking sinks.

"I'm just-" she sighs "Can i-" she stutters, not being able to get the words out, i nod my head in reassurance to whatever she wants to say, i'll listen to her. I stroke her blushing cheeks with my thumb "Can you give me a hug?" she whispers so quietly i wasn't sure i heard her right. She takes her eyes away from my face.

I melt right then and there. Fuck i'm in so deep.

"Yes, fuck. Of course i will." i say, her eyes light up, opening her arms and wrapping them around my neck, i lean down a bit and wrap my arms around her waist. I squeeze her and she squeezes me back. I bury my face in her neck and get in her beautiful scent. She's warm all over and beautiful and she fits in my arms just perfectly, i could scoop her up.

We stay there for over a minute and all i'm thinking is how much i actually fancy Mea. Its not just physical attraction anymore but i want to know her deep, i want to spend alot of time with her, i want to form and connection with her. I just don't know if she wants that from me especially because she's a closed off girl.

I know she has trust issues. She probably hates men more than anything. But if i have to chase her and prove to her that not all men are the same i fucking will. The big step is to earn her trust, after that is a piece of cake. Sounds like a lot of work and i'm willing to get tired.

"You smell nice." my voice gets deeper when i'm talking to her, fucking shit.

She embraces me harder as a response. A few customers pass by; going inside the club, looking at us in a weird way but i don't fucking care. I just close my eyes and enjoy this while it lasts because my gut tells me its not going to happen again anytime soon.