Chapter twenty two - Wait

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

A smile takes over my lips when i see the ID caller's name as my phone rings.

My sweetheart.

I grab my phone and pick up the call, bringing the phone to my ear. Its crazy that just a call from her makes me smile, just the thought of hearing her voice makes my heart thud. This girl is doing alot to me.

"Hey."

No sound, no sound at all. Suddenly, i feel cautious and my heart sinks, i let go of the pen that was in my hand and take off my glasses "Sweetheart?" i call out again, hearing the nervousness in my tone.

"Nate," her voice is small, tired that i almost miss it. There's a painful gasp, a little cry "I need you. Please."

That's all it takes for me to shoot up from my desk chair and head to my walk in closet to put on a sweater as fast as i can "I'll be there, baby. Wait for me." she ends the call. I make a quick move to grab my wallet and put on my shoes before i jog down the stairs and before i reach the front doors handle there's a call to my name that i can't ignore and go out. I turn around, looking at Love as she approaches me "Yes, darling?"

"Where are you going?" she asks.

I lower my body and sit on one knee so i can be at eye's level with her, i cup her little face and kiss her forehead gently "I'll be back home soon. Go lay with your dad until i'm back, okay?" she nods her head and at that i get out of the house, not forgetting to lock the door behind me.

I sprint to my car and turn on the engine and in less than a minute i'm speeding on the road. I bypass the cars with ease, taking my experience in street race in privilege so i can get to her faster. A few cars honk at me for my reckless driving but i ignore them. The twenty minutes drive turns to ten and i get out of my car and walk as fast as i can inside the building and to the elevator. I press the 10th floor once its here and crack my knuckles impatiently as it lifts me up. The ding signals that we made it and i head straight to apartment 101.

I don't bother to knock on the door and make myself inside, making the short walk down the hallway to her living room, i swear i feel my heart drop to my stomach when i see her laying on the floor, her back to me and her knees to her chest as her shoulders shake lightly "Oh, baby." i say breathlessly and drop to my knees next to her body, she turns her head around, looking at me over her shoulder and she gets into a fits of sobs when she sees its me, i help her pull herself up and she wraps one arm around my torso and presses her head to my chest. The other hand clenching the front of my shirt for dear life like i'll vanish any second.

She holds me like i'm her lifeline and i do the same. Because she is, she really is. As much as it scares me, it also relives me.

I stroke her hair and stay quiet as she cries to my chest, i kiss the crown of her head a few times "Its okay, baby. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."