Chapter thirty five - Sweet Ain't it?

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

My attention is slipped away from the papers that need to be signed in front of me when my phone rings.

Unknown

I curiously drop the pen in my hand before grabbing my phone, i swipe the answer button to the left and press the phone against my ear "Hello?" i say.

"Is this Nate Hart?" a woman's voice comes through. I raise an eyebrow before i answer her.

"Yes, who is this?"

"Oh." her voice grows softer "My baby." she says in a wobbly voice. My face goes blank in confusion and somewhat shock. Who the fuck is this?

"Nate, baby. This is mama, i'm your mother."

Do you know that feeling when you get a jumpscare? How your soul leaves your body, how your heart literally drops to your stomach that you feel sick? That's exactly what i feel when she says those eight words.

I stay silent for so long, the words keep playing in my head over and over again. My mother? She's alive? Where has she been? Is this actually her? And then it hits me.

Why did she leave us in the orphanage like some trash.

Anger crushes through me, i frown my eyebrows in fury and my hand tightens around the phone so tightly i feel like its going to break in the palm of my hand.

"Who even the fuck you are, i don't know you, i don't believe you. And if you're actually my mother, you shouldn't be calling yourself that because you're not worthy of that name, i fucking hate you, burn in hell. And don't ever, ever even think of calling me again or so help me god; i will haunt you and end your life." i hang up on her.

I throw the phone on the desk of my office and slam my hands over the table, i try to breathe slower but i'm completely consumed with anger.

So i call the only person who can calm me down.

***

I stand up to my feet when the knob to my office's door opens, i see the most beautiful shade of blonde
hair and i take a sigh of relief. She gets in, her green iris seeking mine, her expressions softening when she sees me "Is everything okay?" her soft voice says.

I walk over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist for a hug "Oh," she says softly and shockingly, she hugs me back, stroking the back of my hair gently "Are you okay, Nate?"

"I just need you." i mumble.

"You seem upset, what happened?" she asks again.

"It's stupid." i scoff. I'm so angry that i don't even want to talk about it. She pulls away, looking up at me, with her heels on she's almost at eye level with me. Mea is a tall girl, and it makes her a whole lot more attractive.