Chapter thiry nine - Overheated

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

I'm furious, overheated, so much anger inside of me i can't hold in.

Why? Why did Talia have to die this way? Someone taking her life; how could they, they didn't have a right to do so. So, i'm going to fucking find them and send them to jail. Maybe then, i'll feel a bit peace. And i'll bring justice for my best friend.

Nate mentioned something at the funeral, that he has an idea on who might be the killer, but he doesn't have proof. He didn't say who that day, and tried to brush it off. We were devastated to question him, so we just let it be and forgot about it.

Now, we need to have a chat about that.

So i leave the cemetery and take an uber to the club.

And that's why i walk into his office on a sunday; my day off. His head snaps to look at me, his eyes widening when he sees me, he stand up "Sweetheart?" he acknowledges.

"Tell me, who do you think killed Talia?" i stand in front of him, looking up at him. He must see my tired eyes, my anger. He soothes a hand over my hair "Please."

"The day Talia died," he sits back on his desk chair, pulling me to sit on his lap, he wraps his arms around my waist as he talks "She came to my office and she looked terrified. She was in panic and she started mumbling things about her father being here. She explained that her dad doesn't know that she works in a strip club and that if he did; he's going to kill her."

My heart falls to my stomach i can feel it, its sinks down as the breath is knocked out of me. I don't want to hear what i just concluded. I don't want to believe.

"She was truly terrified, Mea. I could see the fear in her eyes." he continues "So i told her to go to Paul's office that day and not leave until her father does, she listened to me. And then, i have no fucking idea what happened."

"Nate," i look at him "This is crazy! Her father- her own blood? Killing her because she works in a fucking strip club? Who fucking cares." i stand up, pulling at my hair "Oh my god," i choke "I can't believe this." i look back at him " This is insane."

"I know baby." he sighs "Come here." i walk over to him and sit back on his lap as he goes through his laptop "I'll show you the camera footage i gave the police." he clicks on a video "This is Talia, leaving my office after she told me everything at 10:23pm."

I watch Talia, closing the door of Nate's office, she holds the door knob for a while and looks lost in thought, she looks to her left and to her right before she walks down the wall to Pauls office. She enters it. Nate speeds the footage until she comes out at 2:16am. She walks down the hall to the stairs. Nate changes the footage of her walking down the stairs as slowly as she can, she stops at the foot of the stairs, peeking her head to look for a few minutes before she continues walking. He changes the footage again, she walks over to the makeup room, stays there for half an hour and then she leaves the club. Its 2:54 when she's out the main door, she bids goodbye to Aaron and talks to him for a minute before she walks away to what i assume is the parking lot.