Chapter thirty one - Help

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

-Six Hours Ago-

"I love you a little." Fiona blows me a kiss. I turn around with a smile and watch her as she stands in the doorway of her front door, watching me as i walk to my car.

"I love you alot." i shout, waving goodbye before i continue walking to my car.

Its 12:00 in midnight, i spent the whole day with Fiona, we talked about the time we missed together. I told her about Nate, about New York, about Brad. It was really good having her back even for a little time.

"Text me when you make it home safe." she yells, making her voice higher even though i'm not so far away and i can listen. I bulge my eyes in warning because she just yelled out in the neighborhood. She goes back inside her house with a loud laugh and i cackle as i get into my car.

I start the engine and drive the ten minutes away home.

Five minutes in and my heart drops to my stomach. I quickly hit the breaking pedal in emergency and hold my breath. There's a guy passed out on the road right in front of me. I take a deep breath before getting out of the car to go check on him.

"Excuse me, sir? Are you well?" i keep my distance as i ask. When he doesn't answer i take a step closer "Hello?"

When he starts getting up i quickly take two steps back. Something is not right here.

As i keep my eyes on the guy who now sits on the ground, looking at me, i take backwards steps to my car door. That's the first mistake i did.

I bump into someone from behind and i jump as i step forward before turning around to see who it was, i swear, my heart fell to the ground in fear. My lungs suddenly feel out of breath and my hands are shaking.

"Miss me, baby girl?" he says.

The minute i see him and hear his voice my mother's image comes to my mind, in that state. Bleeding out and dying in front of me while i screamed and couldn't do anything to help her. The memory of him slitting her throat open haunts me in this moment and i can't function anything around me.

I don't know if its the adrenaline, but the next thing i find myself turning around and running away as fast as i can. Because he just kept his promise. He found me again, and the next thing might be killing me.

The guy who was laying on the floor is now on his feet and he tries to block my way, i take out the pocket knife i purchased a few days ago out and raise my hand in threat of hurting him. I can hear Brad laughing from behind me and i get more angry than scared. I clench my jaw before stabbing the guy's in front of me shoulder. I don't have time to take back my knife because i can hear Brad steps getting closer from behind me and that was the second mistake i did.

I scream bloody murder as i run away faster than i can. I turn around to check and sure enough, he's still running after me.

Because of my bad luck, they caught me in a road with no houses around it. Its in the middle of night, and i'm all fucking alone.