Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It's 9 in the morning and everyone is rushing here and there ,except Warisha, who's sitting on the sofa enjoying her morning coffee. As it was Sunday everyone was at home. Saira with her son has also come from her house to welcome Yazaan. Only 5 people were missing from this scene. Her khala and her husband and their daughter Malaika. And the other 2 were humza and her so-called husband, who had not yet arrived. The bell rang as well as sarim's voice.
Sarim:"Main dekhta hun."
After a while she heard the voices of her khala and her family. She got up and went out to say her salams.
In the hallway
Warisha:"Asalam u Alaikum khala jaan."
Khala:"Walaikum Asalam." Her khala said with a tight smile.
Her khala a sophisticated woman who thought she was better than others. This trait of hers can also be seen in her daughter. Warisha never had any problems with her khala until a few years prior.
Flashback
Warisha was going into her  Nano's room when she heard her khala talk.
Khala:"Aplogon ko kya yahi nazar aye thi hamarey Yazaan keliye ,Malaika bhi toh wahi thi. Meri bachi main issey zyada khasiyat hai. "
Nano:"Bas kerdo meri bachi ke barey may ek Lafaz na nikalna aur Warisha Malaika se zyada suljhi hui, zyada layk aur aqalmand bachi hai. Kya kami hai meri bachi may?"
Khala:"Ami Ji meri Malayka zyada khoobsurat hai, uska jor aur hamrey Yazaan ka jor kitna acha lagega. Warisha upar se chashma bhi pehnti hai."
Warisha felt her heart after hearing her khala talk about her like this behind her back. She didn't hear anything else except her nano telling her khala to shut up.
Flashback over
Warisha:"Kesi ho tum Malaika."
Malaika:"Theek"She replied in a bored tone.
Malaika Sarfaraz hated Warisha for the same reason Maham did but Malaika hated her more because Warisha was Yazaan's wife ,even though it was a compromise marriage but the Nikkah papers were real as were the signatures on them. So, Warisha being Yazaan's wife made Malaika hate her more.
Warisha passed her smile and moved to go back but stopped hearing her mother's voice.
Mother:"Warisha tum kidhar jarahi ho."
Warisha never really had a lovely relation with her mother or her brother, because beside everything that happened with Warisha her mother always cared for her younger brother Kabir and Kabir never did anything to protect her or be with her at any difficult moment.
Warisha was about to tell her that she shouldn't really care but stopped on hearing her mami jaans(Yazaan's mother)voice.
Fariha Maami:"Warisha bachey idhr aou."
Warisha smiled and went towards the mother-like figure who adored her.
Warisha:"Ji maami jaan." Said while side hugging her.
Fariha maami:"meri bachi kidhar thi subha se, maami jaan ki yaad nahi aye."
Warisha:"Idhr hi thi, ap subha se gayab thi may kesey milti apsey."
Fariha caressed her cheek in return.
Everyone watched the duo in awe.
Except Malaika and her mother who were obviously burning in jealousy.
Fariha kissed her forehead.
Yazaan:"Sara pyaar usi ko dedengi ya meray liye bhi kuch bachaingi."
Warisha looked at the doorway where Yazaan stood with all his glory.
Yazaan's POV
I am right now outside of the airport waiting for humza.
I was honestly getting irritated as I have been waiting for half an hour at the airport.
A car stood in front of me and humza came out.
Humza:"Kesa hai tu."
Yazaan:"Waqt dekh raha hai."
Humza:"Zyada na Bol aur baith gari may."
I sat in the car while Humza kept my luggage in the trunk.
It's been a little while since we've hit the road. We were just catching up. I don't know why but I wanted to know how Warisha had been in the past three years. I couldn't ask him directly because he will irritate the hell out of me. So I played the safe game by indirectly asking him.
Yazaan:"Malaika Kesi hai?"
Humza:"Matlab ke mar jakey tuney her kisi ke barey may puchliya hai,  uskey barey may bhi puchley jissey 3 saal pehley Nikkah kiya tha."
Yazaan:"Kon??" I knew he was talking about Warisha but I wanted to play dumb.
Humza:" Warisha you idiot main Warisha ki baat ker raha hun."
Yazaan:"Oh! Theek hi hogi wo, ussey kya hona hai."
Humza:"Obviously wo theek hogi magar tughey even Malaika ka khayal hai magar apni biwi ka nahi."
Yazaan:"Right!"
Both of us shut up after that.
—————————————————————
I entered the gates, it felt weird because it's been three years since I've stepped inside these gates. I was about to open the maindoor when I heard commotion inside. The voice sounded like mama's.
Mama:"meri bachi kidhar thi subha se, maami jaan ki yaad nahi aye."And the other voice was definately of Warisha's.
Warisha:"Idhr hi thi, ap subha se gayab thi may kesey milti apsey." I opened the main door and saw everyone adoring the duo. Warisha looked different, She was not wearing her glasses, which was not likely of her to switch from glasses to lenses.
Yazaan:"Sara pyaar usi ko dedengi ya meray liye bhi kuch bachaingi."
I spoke ,everyone turned towards me.
I went forward and hugged Ami. Warisha got aside when I got closer, which was weird as she always told me that mama loved her more whenever mama would hug me. Then I was attacked by 3 little aliens who took the life out of me.  After meeting everyone we all were sitting in the hall. Warisha was nowhere to be seen. However Malaika was being super clingy. I looked towards the cousin group to ask help but all of them were laughing at my state and neglected to help me. Same was the case with Rameen phupo who was being way too sweet. At last my life was saved by Sumaira chachi.
Sumaira chachi:"khaney keliye ajai sarey."
I went towards her and twirled her around.
Yazaan:"wow chachi you look beautiful, kya khaas raaz hai is khoobsurti key pichey aj humey bata de." Sumaira chachi laughed and said.
Sumaira chachi:"Baaz ajao larkey, ye cherna na ab apni biwi ko, mughey choro." I ignored the little flutter my heart did when chachi used the word biwi and my mind instantly went to Warisha. I dismissed my thoughts and teased her a bit and went and sat down.
And sadly Malaika s
at to my right but I was a bit relieved when humza sat on my left.
Sumbul sat infront of Humza and Zahra sat upfront of Malaika, while the seat infront of me was empty.
Kainat chachi: "yeh! Warisha kahan chali gai."
Warisha:"Idhr hi hu maamijaan." Warisha said while entering the dining room. Warisha came and sat beside Sumbul which happens to be right infront of me. I passed her a smile, while she as usual made a face on that.
Everyone was eating there dinner. I was constantly trying to ignore Malaika's rants by talking with Humza, but that women really had a lot to talk about. Half of the talks were about those things which I don't know about. And frankly speaking I have never talked with any of my female cousins, (except Warisha) like Malaika was talking with me. Mama was continuously eyeing me to not be frank and stop the discussion with Malaika.
I excused myself after lunch and went to my room, which was still the same. My room was a mixture of grey black and black. Everything was still on the same spot where I've kept it. After taking a shower I layer on my bed. I had a lot of questions on my mind. Why was Malaika being to clingy? Why was Rameen phupo taking to much care of me? Why was Warisha ignoring me like I was a plague. I don't know why I cared if Warisha was talking with me or not. We always had a weird relationship.  We were always competing with each other, whether it was on marks ,competitions or even love. We  were always on each other's throats, but if any of us needed help the other was always there to help. We cared for each other but we also loathed each other. Like I said we had a weird relationship between us. We were basically frenemies. Now I don't really know where we stand ,After our so-called marriage, I never really thought about what would happen. Our marriage was entirely a compromise and even if I accept it I cold never force Warisha to do the same. I just want to see that where we stand and to see that I might act like a
creep, but I don't care until get my answer.
The Next day
I woke up around 1pm, which I blame on jetlag. But it felt good to sleep so much after such a long time. I freshened up and went downstairs. The whole house was quite, which was amusing. I went towards dadaji's room. I knocked before I entered.
Yazaan:"Asalam u Alaikum dadaji. Bi ama kidhr hai nazar nahi arahi hai."
Dadji:"Walaikm Asalam.  Tumhari bi ama zara paros may gai hai, thori dair tak ajaingi. Idhr aye bachey apsey ek bohat zaroori baat kerni hai. "
Yazaan:"Ji dadaji bataye kya baat kerni hai."  I Asked while sitting beside his legs on the carpet.
Dadaji:"Beta jo main apsey baat kerney jaraha hu, wo ap gor se sunengey. "
I nodded my head like a child.
Dadaji:"Beta main jaanta hun apka aur Warisha ka Nikkah ,ap dono ki marzi se nahi hua tha lekin jo hona tha wo hogya, Ab main chahta hun ke ap dono is rishtey ko ek mauqa day. Samajh arahi hai na apko."
Yazaan:"Jee dadaji magar main ye rishta agar agey barhana bhi chahun ,main warisha ko yahi kerney keliye force nahi ker sakhta hun."
Dadaji smiled and said:" Ap bohat samajhdar hogai hai, aur fiqar na kijye har faisla Warisha ki razamandi se hoga."
After that I talked with dada for a little while then went up in my room and did some work.

How was the chapter?
Plz vote and comment