Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Yazaan's POV
It's 9pm right now.  We have just got done with our dinner. Warisha didn't even glance at me once. I was getting impatient every passing minute. After dinner all of us were sitting in the living room. We were all watching the match of chess going on between Warisha and baba. I don't really get how Warisha can hang out with him. Like I know he's my father but he has this restricted aura around him that makes everyone stay away from him. I never had a close relationship with my father growing up because he always imposed rules upon us ,which made me distant from him. While my other two brothers were close with both of our parents ,I was just with mama. While Warisha was always frank and comfortable with baba. For which I salute her for. The match of chess was at its peak. Baba literally had a frown on his face, he was too engrossed in this match. While Warisha on the other hand was calm as ever. Baba played his turn.
Baba:" Yeh tumhari gye."
He said while placing Warisha's pawn aside.
Warisha smiled in return and in one go she won. To be honest I don't know how to play chess. I figured out she won because of Baba's shocked expression and Warisha's loud "CHECKMATE".
Baba:" good match!" Baba said with a smile. He shook hands with Warisha and went towards his room.
Daniyal:"Now that's what I call a match."
Warisha smiled at his enthusiasm. Warisha always had a close relationship with daniyal ,well with both of my brothers but her relationship with daniyal was something really special. She treated him like a younger brother and he had outermost respect for her.
Daniyal got up from his place and went towards Warisha.
Daniyal:" Waisey kahan se ap itni himat laati hai, ap dono baap baitey ko hara sakhti hai." I glared at him.
Me ,mama and Hashim bhai said in unison:"Chup karo."
Daniyal:"OK! my dear khandan."
Everyone laughed at his words well except mama who was busy glaring at him.
All of a sudden Kabir went outside. I don't really know what's the problem between Warisha and Kabir but they both are not fond of each other.
I messaged Warisha about THE TALK she needed to do.
Yazaan:"Kya plan hai"
Warisha:"Chat pe ajana, sabkey kamron may Janey ke baad"
Ok! So now I have to wait for your majesty.
At midnight
I have been waiting for half an hour and she hasn't shown up here. I was about to go and get her ,when the door of the rooftop opened and Warisha walked in.
Yazaan:"Bohat shukriya apka tashreef ley aney ka."
Warisha:"Zyada mat bolo."
Warisha took a deep breath. A few seconds she mentally prepared herself.
Warisha:"Divorce chehye hai mughey."
And BOOM!!! She dropped the bomb.
Yazaan:"What? Pagal hogai ho tum. Tum sun bhi rahi ho apney ap ko."
Warisha:"kya matlab pagal hogai hu main, Aur haan maloom hai mughey main kya kehrahi ho."
Yazaan:"Do you realise tumney mughsey divorce mangi hai. Yeh tumhare liye normal baat hai."
Warisha:"Toh kya ghalat kaha hai mainey. I was forced into this relationship. I didn't have a choice. I never wanted this relationship. I never expected any of this. Just because of you guys selfishness I am trapped in this marriage."
Yazaan:"Do you think that I wanted this, Do you think that I expected all of this. Hell! I didn't. What do you think? I wanted to marry you, it was just as unexpected for me as it was for you. I was going to marry the woman I loved, the woman who left me on the day of our wedding. Do you think that I married you because I had a liking towards you? No! I just did all of this for the sake of my family's respect. Aur tumney pucha tha na mughsey ke Maine inkaar kyun nahi kiya. Kyun ke I was not given a fucking option. My opinion didn't matter. Anything that mattered was your opinion, you had the option to deny but you didn't, because you wanted to remain the perfect little kid in front of others. And that's what you got, you married me and gained respect in everyone's eyes as the one who saved the family's reputation. You became selfish Warisha. Selfish to have the upper hand on me. You trapped both of us in this marriage just because of your hunger for power. Because you were given everything on a golden plate and that's why you want everyone beneath you. And now you want me to divorce you so ,I'm the one to blame. Well played Warisha ,well played. Hell! You didn't even have the courage to tell your father about your unfortunate marriage. You don't even bother to talk with your family, Warisha. I haven't seen You having a normal conversation with Kabir in the past 5 years. This is called selfishness. You don't even cut slack for your broth..."
Thud!!!
I was cut off by a slap on my face.
Warisha:"Shut up!!! Just shut up Yazaan. You don't know a fucking thing about my life so don't you dare tell me that I'm selfish. You have no right to tell me what kind of relationship I have with my family. Baki sab Kafi hai mughey ye baat jitaney ke liye ke main kitni buri beti, behen, bhanji, bhateeji, nawasi, poati aur biwi hun."
Warisha screamed at me while pointing a finger at me. She was crying which I just noticed and then I realised what nonsense I just spoke.
Yazaan:"Warisha mera yeh matlab nahi tha......I just got baffled hearing divorce..." but Warisha didn't listen and went downstairs.
Shit!!!!! I messed up badly this time.
Warisha POV
After Yazaan's nonsense rambling, I just ran inside my room's bathroom and started crying, not caring about a thing of the world.
I haven't cried like this since 5 years. I cried thinking about Yazaan's rude behaviour. I cried thinking about my father's abuse. I cried thinking of my mother's love for my brother but not for me. I cried thinking about me not being enough for my parents' love. I cried thinking about everyone's taunts. I cried thinking about all the words ever said to me just because they thought I was served everything on a golden platter. I cried until I didn't have any more tears to cry.
I was sitting on the bathroom floor when there was a knock on the door.
Yazaan:"Warisha! Plz darwaza kholo. I'm sorry! I didn't mean any of this. I just took all of my anger out on you. Plz Warisha! Tum to mughey sabsey behter janti ho yaar! You know I didn't mean any of this. I just rambled out without thinking. I'm sorry Warisha."
He was right. I did know him better than anybody else. And I knew he didn't mean any of the words that he said. I knew that he was frustrated. That's why he rambled out everything without thinking. Yazaan intends to ramble when he's frustrated. But! It hurts! When he said that I didn't had the courage to tell my father about my marriage. His words were harsh but a part of me knew that they were true. I was a coward and I did love power. I wanted power so that I could make my parents realise that having a daughter was a blessing not a disgrace. I don't really know who or what I was angry about. I just needed a reason to cry and Yazaan gave me one.
After a while I got up and stood in front of the bathroom mirror. I took my shirt off and stared at myself. There were signs of abuse almost every inch of my body except my face, neck and hands. There were scars everywhere. Some were of burn, while some were of getting hit by a belt or a stick. There were cuts on my forearms, They were quite a few. All of these scars were 5 or more years old but they were still pretty much visible. My whole body was multicoloured. Each bruise, cut or scar held a different story. A story I wish I could tell someone. I just kept seated in the bathroom for a few hours just staring at my lifeless body. And somehow fall asleep there. I guess I was too exhausted.
I got out in the morning . When I got out I saw Yazaan sitting beside the bathroom door sleeping. He must've waited for me all night. He felt guilty about whatever he said. I didn't know what to do, so I just left him there, because I was in no mood to deal with him and I was still angry at him for everything. But I still held on to my decision.
____________________________________

How was the chapter?
I hope you liked it.
Plz vote and comment