Chapter 18

Thank you all so much for 8.69k reads.
Chapter 18
Author's POV
The atmosphere at the breakfast table was tense. There was much to say but much to ignore too. Everyone was trying really hard not to address the elephant in the room.
Wazir Sahab: "Warisha aur Yazaan kaha hai, unhey bhi nashtey ke liye bulaye." (Where are Warisha and Yazaan call them for Breakfast.)
Wazir Sahab spoke to the maid,
Maid: "Jee, magar Wo dono kam par ja chuke hai." ( Yes, but Both of them had already left for work.)
Wazir Sahab: "Kab?"(when)
Maid: "Subah 6 baje, un dono ne pehley nashta kiya phir wo log kam par chale Gaye." She excused herself.
(At six in the morning, first had their breakfast together then they left.)
Rameen: "Ab apney karnamey ke baad muhn to chupai gi na sab se." (After what she had done, she had to hide her face)
She exclaimed, clearly reminding everyone of the past day's events.
Kabir tightened his hold on the glass.
Ibrahim(Yazaan's father): "Jis cheez se tumhara koi taluq nahi hai, usmey dhakal andaazi na karo." (Don't interfere in things which you don't have any connection too.)
He spoke, trying to dismiss the topic.
Sumbul: "Phupo kuch ghalat to nahi keh rahi hai, yeh koi choti baat nahi thi"
(What aunt is saying isn't wrong. This wasn't a small thing.)
Sumbul added, she wanted to gaslight everyone into thinking that Warisha's intention was to fool everyone.
Malaika: "Jee, bilkul sahi keh rahi hai mama aur Sumbul. Usney hum sab ko pagal banaya hai."
(Yes, mama and Sumbul are saying the right thing. She made all of us a fool.)
Rameen: "Aur hamari chorey ap Abu, Yazaan ko bhi nahi bataya. Humey na sahi Yazaan ko to batana chehye tha na."
(Leave us, she didn't even told Yazaan. If not us she should've told Yazaan at least.)
Silence swept over the room. No one knew what to say. Ibrahim too couldn't respond to this.
Kabir: " Kab aur kaisey batati?" (When and how could've she told?) Kabir questioned looking directly at his khala.
Rameen who didn't expected this was baffled by his sudden question.
Rameen: "Kya matlab?" (What do you Mean?)
Kabir: "Matlab ke yeh Warisha agar Yazaan bhai ko batati, toh kab aur kaisey batati." (Meaning, if Warisha would've told Yazaan about this, how and when would have she done it) Kabir questioned once again.
Rameen as well as the others couldn't know how to respond to his question.
Malaika: "Itna uljha kyun rahe ho, saaf saaf kaho jo kehna hai." (Why are you complicating things, speak clearly about what you want to say.) She snapped at him. Kabir just smiled in return.
Kabir: " chale saaf saaf keh deta hu, farz kerliya ke Warisha, Yazaan bhai ko is false engagement  ke barey mein sab bata deti." He spoke looking at everyone and pressing on the words false engagement.
Everyone just looked back at him in return.
Kabir: " Ab wo batati to Kab aur kaisey batati. Agar ap sab ko yaad hai Yazaan bhai is shaadi ke agli subah hi yahaan se chale gai thay.
He kept no connections with any of us except Maami jaan. And he came back three years later. If he didn't had any connection with you guys, what made you think that he was in contact with Warisha." (And if she told him about this, when and how would've she done this. If you guys remember correctly Yazaan bhai left the next day of this marriage.) He spoke, reminding everyone of the situation that had taken place three years prior.
No-one uttered a word.
Kabir seeing this continued.
Kabir: "Aur baat to ap aisey ker rahi hai jaisey yeh shaadi planned thi, it was a sudden marriage. Agar Yazaan bhai ki fiancé unhey shaadi wale din chor ke na jati toh Warisha ko itna bara qadam na uthana parta...." He was speaking when he was shut off by Rameen.
(And you are talking as if this marriage was planned, it was a sudden marriage. If Yazaan's fiancé haven't ditched him, Warisha wouldn't have find the need to take such a big step.)
Rameen: " Yazaan ko time cheye tha, isliye wo yaha se gaya tha. He needed time to sort everything out."
(Yazaan needed time, thats the reason he went from here, he needed time to sort everything out.) Kabir scoffed at her words.
He was forgetting every ounce of respect at that very moment. All the limits have been crossed already, so one more won't hurt much.
Kabir: " Toh meri behn ka kya?.......wo teen saal aisey hi baithi rahi, unhone kis jurm ki saza kati hai. Just because Yazaan bhai couldn't act as a grown up and accept this relation. And Yazaan bhai ke is childish behaviour ko kisi ne theek kerney ki koshish nahi ki. And you know what unka bhi kasoor nahi hai, is sab mein aap sab ka kasoor hai. Warisha was tied with this problem just because she was pressured by you guys to marry Yazaan bhai." (So what about my sister, why did she live like this for three years. For which crime she served this punishment. Just because Yazaan bhai couldn't act as a grown up and accept this relation. And no one even tried to correct Yazaan bhai's childish behaviour. And you know what this isn't even their fault, it is entirely your guys fault. Warisha was tied with this problem just because she was pressured by you guys to marry Yazaan bhai.)
Kabir exclaimed and looked at his grandfather who was sitting there seriously and attentively listening to his grandson,
Kabir's words were like a punch that brought everyone back to reality. Safeena looked at her son and then looked away, not being able to meet his furious gaze. A few minutes of silence went by and no one uttered a word.
Bi ama opened her mouth to say something but stopped when she saw her son Ibrahim, motioning her to stop.
Rameen: "Tum to aisey keh rahe ho ke humne Warisha ke sath zabrdasti ki hai, wo inkaar ker sakhti thi." (You are saying asking we forced her. She could've said no.) Kabir gave her 'are you really saying that' look.
Rameen:" Baat tab khandan ki izzat ki thi aur agar Warisha inkaar kerdeti to meri Malaika thi udhar. Wo khandan ki izzat ke liye ker leti Yazaan se shaadi." (It was about family's reputation at that moment and if Warisha had denied, my Malaika was there to marry Yazaan for the sake of the family's reputation.) Everyone including Dada ji scoffed at her words. Rameen looked at her father horrified.
Humza muttered an oh god but it was loud enough for everyone to hear due to the silence.
Daniyal:" yaaaaar! Yeh baat is kamre mein
mojud har shaks janta hai ke Yazaan bhai kabhi bhi Malaika se shaadi nahi kertey." Daniyal spoke in an irritated voice.
Humza, Kabir and Zahra nodded at his words.
__________________________
How was the chapter?
Hope you liked it.
Plz vote and comment.