chapter 20 part 2

Thank you all for 16.4k reads on Qaraabat

Part 2

Chapter 20

Author's POV

Yazaan stared into nothing as everything that Zaira and Humza had told him kept repeating in his mind. He never realised that he had been so selfish just because he acted immature, Warisha had to tolerate all of that. Three years, 1000 something days, she has endured everyone's rude remarks and taunts because of him, because of his disappearance, because he was busy a jerk and crying over someone who wasn't even worth the tears. It's not like actually cried, but he was grumpy about it for sure. His mind was captured by endless questions, and many emotions. Guilt and anger being on the top. He ran a hand over his face as he thinked about all the things he unknowingly or knowingly made Warisha go through. Godddddd he felt the most awful man at the very moment. He ruined her life for 3 consecutive years and he was busy enjoying his life. He never thought about this proposition, he thought that everything was normal in Warisha's life as it was normal in his. Ahhhhh he pulled his hair out of frustration. How is he going to make everything right? He was busy cursing himself when Humza barged in his room.

Humza: " Are you done cursing yourself out?" he asked while sitting on the sofa in his room.

Yazaan: " how am I going to make everything fine, everyone is mad at me and leave them how am I gonna face Warisha?" he asked, hoping that Humza would have a solution.

Humza: " Don't know and don't care, tumhara masla hai khudi solve kero." (it's your problem, solve it yourself)

He said and then got up.

Yazaan: " Humza!" Yazaan stared at him in disbelief.

Humza: " this is your problem Yazaan, tumney sirf Warisha ko hi nahi hum sab ko bhi ignore kiya tha, kyun, kyun ke you were too busy grieving for someone you didn't even like. You were marrying Maham just for the sake of compatibility that you thought that you guys had." he screamed in the end. (This is your problem Yazaan, you didn't just ignore Warisha you ignored all of us why? Because you were busy grieving for someone you didn't even like, you were marrying Maham for the sake of compatibility that you thought that you guys had)

He left after throwing the bucket of reality on Yazaan.

Yazaan stared at his retreating figure in shock. He didn't know that Humza had so much anger built in him. He really messed up big time and he had no idea how he was going to collect everything that he had spilled.

_____________________________________________

Warisha walked upstairs hastily and soon sighed in relief when she saw the person who she was searching for in the whole house sitting there. After scolding Kabir for his reckless actions, she has been finding Yazaan because she knew that he would be in a bad state. She knew that because she knew him. Yes, she did know him maybe better than anyone else. It has been a hectic day for both of them. She never thought that anyone would ever bring this topic up and nor did she ever thought that anyone would ever question Yazaan, but it did happen,much to her surprise. She can't say that a small part of her wasn't happy that someone stood up for her, spoke on her behalf and even dared to take actions for her. The little girl who craved this was on the seventh sky but the mature woman in her wasn't at rest. She didn't want all of this to happen on behalf of someone else's downfall. She kept lazily gazing at Yazaan, a smile took over her face as she gazed at him, he looked distressed but still he looked like he......like he was the one, didn't make any sense to her but at the same time it did. The realisation of Yazaan being the one for her has dawned upon her when she didn't find not even a single reason for her to be angry at him for what he did. She thought again and again but couldn't bring herself to be mad at him. She walked towards him and stood next to him.

Yazaan, who was lost in his own world, was flabbergasted to find Warisha standing there, next to him. Yazaan opened his mouth twice to say something but the words were not ready to come out of his mouth as if he was in a chokehold.

Warisha: "boldo, main marungi nahi." (you can talk, i won't hit you) she exclaimed nonchalantly, gazing in front at the darkness that surrounded them, making Yazaan look at her in disbelief.

Yazaan: " tum mughsey baat kyun ker rahi ho?........I mean tum bakiyon ki tarha mughay ignore kyun nahi ker rahi ho......... Mainey sabsey bura toh tumharey saath kiya hai and......phir bhi tum mughsey baat ker rahi ho, aren't you mad at me or something." (why are you talking to me.....I mean why aren't you ignoring me like others are........I've done the worst with you but.....you're still talking to me, aren't you mad at me or something.) he asked, desperation was quite visible in his voice. Warisha could feel his lingering gaze at her but she didn't look back at him, she kept looking at the dark sky in front of her.

Warisha: " Yazaan......... main yeh nahi kahungi ke mughey tumsey koi shikwa nahi hai......magar hai toh kya hua. Agar main shikwon ki wajah se naraz honey baith gai toh main har kisi se naraz hi rahungi........ Mughey kai logo se shikwey hai Yazaan, tumsey, apney baba se, apni ami se, kabir se, nana jaan se, khala se, sumbul se, mughey in sab se bhi shikey hai Yazaan. Magar main naraz hoker nahi baith sakhti. I have to move on wantedly or unwantedly." (Yazaan......I am not going to say anything to you, I have no complaints with you...but what happened if i did. If I get angry on the basis of complaints, then I will not be angry with anyone..... I have complains from many people, Yazaan, from you, my father, my mother, Kabir, Nana Jaan, Khala, sumbul. I have complaints from all of them. But I cannot sit and be angry. I have to move on wantedly or unwantedly.)

She took a deep breath and then spoke again.

Warisha: "Anyways leave it and for the record I'm not mad at you." Yazaan just kept gazing at her, as the guilt ate him more and more. He was glad that she was handling the situation by being rather than childishly.....like he did. A sense of pride engulfed him as he looked at her speachless. He was grateful of her for not making him feel like a complete asshole, not as if he wasn't one.

Yazaan: " thank you Warisha, for everything. Main issey zyada kuch nahi kahunga kyunke I wanna prove myself with my actions rather than my words." (I'm not going to say anything more because I wanna prove myself with my actions rather than my words.) he said making Warisha's heart swell up with happinees. A genuine smile gazed both of their lips as they gazed at each other staring into each other's eyes as if they were reading the other person's soul.

_____________________________________________

Poor Yazaan!

But will he keep up with his words, we'll see.

Here is another update.

How was the chapter?

Hope you liked the chapter

Plz vote and comment

Follow @irisseptember14 on Instagram for posts and reels related to my books.

_____________________________________________