Chapter 19

Thank you all so much for 11k reads on Qaraabat.

Chapter 19

Author's pov

After Kabir was done speaking, he passed a look to everyone and got up from his seat and excused himself.

A deep bone shaking silence swept over the dining room. No one knew what to say, Kabir really slapped everyone with a reality check and brought them back to the real world. Humza and Daniyal exchanged a guilty look. Everyone knew that Yazaan's behavior was not acceptable but no one questioned it or tried to make him accept the truth.

Soon, one by one everyone left the dining room.

____________________________________________

Author's POV

Warisha along with Yazaan entered the house together. Both of them frowned and exchanged a look when they noticed the quiet atmosphere.

Yazaan: "What did we miss, itna sanata kyun hai bhai."

(why is it so quiet)

Warisha: "Merey khayal se main tumharey saath hi aye hun." (I think, I came back with you)

Warisha spoke stating the obvious while Yazaan just shrugged.

Yazaan: "Tumhey kya lagta hai, phupo ne phir koi dhamaka kiya hai. (What do you think, what bomb has phupo blasted now)

Warisha: "Kuch zyada hi bara ker diya hai, jo ghar main itni khamoshi chaye hui hai."

(She's done something big, hence the reason for this silence in the house.)

Yazaan: "Abhi time hai, wapis chaltey hai, ghar ke joh halaat lag rahe hai, iska matlab yahi hai ke humey lecture sunne ko milega." Yazaan stated.

(we still have time, let's go back. With the condition of our house it means that we'll have to listen to a lecture.)

Warisha: "Mainey to aisa kuch nahi kiya hai jiski wajah se mughey koi lecture sunna parey, but I can't for sure say the same thing about you." Yazaan narrowed his eyes at Warisha. Warisha just shrugged in return. (I have not done anything that will lead me to a lecture.)

When both of them didn't find anyone, both of them made their way towards, Bi ama's and Wazir sahab's room. Knocking twice I entered their room, Warisha right on my tail.

Yazaan: "Asalam u alaikum! Kaisey hai aap dono ?"

(how are you both?")

 Yazaan furrowed his eyebrows when both Bi jaan and Wazir Sahab ignored him. Warisha too found it weird but didn't comment upon it.

Warisha: "Asalam u alaikum!" The reply came instantly from both of them.

Both: "Walaikum asalam!"

 Seeing this Yazaan looked at his grandparents in confusion. Both him and Warisha shared a look. Their behavior was quite unusual. Yazaan was about to speak when Bi jaan addressed Warisha.

Bi jaan: "Warisha beta ap jatey hue kamre ki lights off kerkey jana." after saying that she laid down on the bed. 

(Warisha, turn off the room lights while leaving.)

Yazaan and Warisha both knew that she was indirectly asking both of them to leave her room. Both of them soon left their room.

Warisha: "Well that was odd."

Yazaan: "Both of them are ignoring me, not you. Why me and not you?" He repeated the words again trying to understand what had happened.

Warisha: "Tumne phir kuch kerdiya hoga." (you must've done something again.) she exclaimed, making him pass her a glare.

fariha (Yazaan's mother): "kesi ho Warisha betey?"

(how are you, Warisha.)

Warisha: "Theek hu maami jaan." (I'm fine!)

Fariha: "Beta khana garam kerke kha lena." she patted Warisha's cheek and then walked away. (heat up the food  and eat it.)

Yazaan watched as his own mother ignored his presence and walked past him. He looked at Warisha who was busy controlling her laugh.

Yazaan: " Haslo, khana hazm nahi hona tumhey."

(you should laugh, you won't be able to digest food.)

 Yazaan grunted and walked away, he was hating the way his grandparents and his own mother had ignored him.

Warisha was trying so hard to control her laugh but as Yazaan grunted her control broke and a hearty chuckle left her mouth. She watched as Yazaan grunted and walked upstairs.

_____________________________________________

Yazaan finally gets the reaction of his actions.

How was the chapter?

Hope you liked it!

Plz vote and comment

Follow @irisseptember14 on instagram for story related posts.

And do check out my other book Makhfi!