Chapter 16

Thank you all so much for 6k reads on Qaraabat.
Chapter 16
Author's POV
Warisha froze as soon as she saw her father and Fazaan sitting on the sofa staring at her.
She couldn't move. Everything around her stopped, the only she could hear were her heartbeats. Every memory, every beating, every bad word that she was called came rushing down on her memory lane. Tears stung the back of her eyes. Everything around her blurred, her only focus was on the man who was looking at her father and Fazaan with confusion in his eyes. Oh no, everyone will get to know about the  alliance she had with Fazaan. Yazaan, how will he react? Will he let her explain? Will he trust her? Will he even accept her after knowing about this? She visibly shuddered thinking about it. She was brought out of her thoughts when she saw that everyone was looking at her. She looked ahead only to find her brother's gaze. Kabir came and stood by her and whispered in her ears.
Kabir: "Wo puch rahe hai ke tum kaisi ho?" He told her. Warisha was looking at their father. He hadn't changed at all, he still looked the same as he looked five years ago. She kept numb and didn't respond. An awkward silence spread  through the living room as no one knew what to say.
Bi ama: "Aap ka ana kaisey hua. Khairyat hai inshallah. Waisey acha kiya apney a ke aisey apko shaadi ka card bhi pakra detey hai." Bi ama was the first one to break the silence. Warisha's breath hitched hearing this, she unconsciously grabbed Kabir's hand. Kabir too tightened his hold on Warisha's hand.
Arif sahab:  "Kiski shaadi ka card?" Arif (Warisha and Kabir's father) asked.
Safeena: "Humney Warisha ka rishta paka kerdiya hai Yazaan ke sath." Before anyone else could say anything Safeena (Warisha and Kabir's mother) spoke. Everything stopped or it only felt like it as no one uttered a word. A few minutes of silence went by and no movement was made by anyone.
Arif Sahab: "Humsey bina puchey kaisey ker sakhtey hai aplog yeh rishta tey, Aur Warisha ka to rishta pehley hi tey hai." Arif spoke furiously. Hearing this everyone gasps and begins to glance at Warisha and Safeena. Warisha closed her eyes and her hold on Kabir's hand tightened.
Wazir Sahab: "Konsa rishta, hummey to is barey mein koi khabar nahi hai. Aur kab hua tha yeh rishta tey." Wazir Sahab glanced at his wife and then at his daughter who had her head bowed down.
Arif Sahab: " Warisha ka rishta humney bachpan main hi tey kerdiya tha Fazaan ke sath. Safeena aur bacho ko yeh batt maloom thi." Arif Sahab pointed towards Fazaan, who was sitting right beside him. Fazaan who was glaring at Yazaan since the time he had heard about the alliance between him and Warisha. Yazaan, who knew that Fazaan was glaring holes in his side, was staring at Warisha. He was upset hearing about everything. The fact that Warisha knew about this and she still didn't say a single word to him, wounded him.
Warisha was feeling a heavy gaze on herself, she knew who that gaze belonged to. A tear escaped her eyes as she thought about how betrayed he must be feeling now.
Wazir Sahab: "Safeena kya apko maloom tha Is sabkey barey mein?" Wazir Sahab questioned his daughter, hopin* that all of this would be a lie. Before Safeena could reply Kabir spoke.
Kabir: " Jee maloom that hum sabko. Aur issey pehley ke koi agey kuch boley main puri baat bata du apko." Kabir turned towards his father and then spoke.
Kabir: "Aur agar apko achi tarha yaad ho to yeh rishta tuth chuka hai." Arif Sahab was about to interrupt when Kabir gestured with his hand for him to stop and continued his sentence.
Kabir: " Jab apne Ami ko talaq di thi aur hum teeno ko ghar se nikala tha tab apney yahi kaha tha ke hamara apka aur aap ke khandan se har kisam ka taluq khatam hogaya hai. Yani yeh rishta bhi har taluq ke sath khatam hogaya tha. Aur pichley panch saal se apko is rishtey ka khayal nahi aya. Rishta toh dur ki baat hai apney to ek lafaz nahi kaha merey aur Warisha se pichley panch saalo mein. Aur ab apko lagta hai ke ap hamari zindagi mein ekdum se aker dakhalandaz ker sakhtey hai."
Kabir spoke furiously while glaring at their so-called father.
Kabir: "Aur ab ap yaha se ja sakhtey hai." Kabir said and then pointed towards the door.
Fazaan was about to speak when Arif sahab motioned him to stop and then both of them left. Fazaan was hesitant to leave, he wanted to rip Yazaan to pieces for taking his Warisha away from him. He glared at Yazaan and Kabir and then he turned on his heels and left.
  Several moments of silence went by and no one dared to utter a word. Maybe they didn't want to or maybe no one knew what to say. Seeing everyone silent, Kabir dragged Warisha upstairs with him.
  After Kabir and Warisha left the murmuring started. Malaika and her mother found this as an opportunity to make Warisha seem like a bad person.
Rameen Sarfaraz: "itni bari baat......." before she can continue her sentence, Yazaan interrupted her.
Yazaan: "Yeh baat ab khatam hogai hai, behter hoga koi issey agey ba barhai." Yazaan said sternly while glancing at everyone.
Rameen Sarfaraz: "magar yeh koi....." she again tried to fuel the fire but Yazaan was quick enough to turn it down.
Yazaan : "Wo unka  personal matter hai, none of us have the right to say anything about it. It's their decision and all of us have to respect it." With that Yazaan also left the living room, he was soon followed by Humza, Daniyal and Zahra.
_________________________________
Yazaan's POV
To say I'm hurt is an understatement. To be honest I don't know what to feel, should I be sad, furious or jealous. I just don't get it, why didn't Warisha say anything to me. She could have told me, it's not like I would've left her. We've been married for three years, she could've told me this in these three years.
Like you guys have had any contact in these three years. My conscience snapped back at me. There are a million way I could take this news, but the only thing I'm feeling is ashamed and pity. Ashamed because did Warisha not trust me enough to tell this, did I make her this uncomfortable? And I feel pity for Warisha because I know now Rameen phupo will continuously taunt her. And it must be really awkward for her to face everyone. And for some reason I'm not mad at her. I feel........I don't even know what I'm feeling.
Humza barged into my room.
Humza: "Too Theek hai?" He questioned and then sat beside me.
We both stayed quiet and then I broke the silence.
Yazaan: "I need you to do two things."
_________________________________
Kabir finally stood up for Warisha. Yay!
What will Yazaan's response be?
Hope you liked the chapter 🥰
How was the chapter?
Plz vote and comment.