Chapter 10

Thank you all so much for 1.98 k reads.
Hope you like the chapter.
Chapter 10
Warisha's POV
It's been three weeks since Yazaan has told khala to stay out of our issues. Since then khala and Malaika have boycotted us. Neither one of them has once stopped by. For which I'm glad. Since my awkward encounter with Ami the other day, in which she ordered me to "mend my relationship with Yazaan", Kabir had been a lot more brotherly towards me. I don't know how to define it, but he's been talking to me more than before. He frequently comes to my room and asks for help. Like the other day he asked for advice for his career the other day. It's awkward to suddenly have a sibling relationship when we never had one. But I'm enjoying every one bit of it. After my little chat with Humza. Yazaan stopped ignoring me. And Things between me and Yazaan are pretty great. We've been hanging out more. It has become a ritual to sit and talk after dinner between us. You can say We've been close. It's just awkward. Everything's too messed up. I really want to give this relationship a chance but that's not possible. If my father got to know about my Nikkah with Yazaan, he would literally destroy everything. The thing is that, when I was younger my father had promised my hand to my phupo's son, Fazaan. After my parents divorce, I broke all my ties with my paternal family. I know how serious this engagement had been. Ami hasn't told anyone about my secret little engagement. Only me, Kabir, Ami and my paternal family know. And after the message Fazaan sent me the other day. I've been terrified. There are many questions going in my mind right now. How am I gonna tell my father about my Nikkah? How am I gonna tell everyone here about my engagement? How am I gonna tell Yazaan about everything? How am I gonna face Yazaan after telling him? Everything is just so messed up. And then Malaika knows about this. And the possibility of her telling Yazaan in 100%. About Malaika knowing! Yeah she heard me talking about it to Ami, a week after my Yazaan's Nikkah.
My phone rang. It was an unknown number. I picked it up.
Warisha:"Hello, kon baat ker raha hai."
Unknown:"Kesi ho Warisha. Main Fazaan baat ker raha hun."
I froze hearing this. All past memories came back. My father hitting me with a stick when I was 11, because Fazaan told him that I was talking with a boy in school. Phupo hitting me because I didn't did Fazaan's homework. My dado burned my hand because I told Fazaan that he's a bad person.
Unknown:"Hello Warisha tumhey awaaz aa rahi hai kya."
I jumped back in reality.
Warisha:"Kyu...kyun call hi hai tumney Fazaan."
Unknown:"Kya main ab tumsey baat bhi nahi kersakhta."
Warisha:"Fazaan, apney call kerni ki wajah batao."
He laughed in return and replied.
Unknown:"Kitni achi tarha jaanti ho tum mughey. Mughey milna hai tumsey. And don't refuse, warna main tumharey ghar a jao ga."
My breath hitched.
Warisha:"Ghar na ana. Batao kaha aur kab milna hai."
After telling me to meet him this coming weekend he ended the call.
I took a deep breath and ranked my hand through my open hair.
Yazaan's POV
To say I was happy was an understatement. I was overwhelmed. Things between me and Warisha are great. And I'm totally satisfied with my life right now. And then it's good to see Kabir and Warisha forming a sibling relationship.
My phone ringing got me out of my thoughts.
I picked it up.
Yazaan:"Hello, kon baat kar raha hai."
Unknown:"Hi Yazaan. In case tumney pehchana nahi main Maham baat ker rahi hun.Mughey tumsey milna hai Yazaan. Is weekend is Jagah mughsey mil sakhtey ho tum kya?"
Yazaan:" yeah sure."
Then the line went off.
WHAT THE HELL! Why did I agree? Well maybe a part of me wanted to know what she wanted to talk about.
______________________________
Author's POV
A few days later
Yazaan just entered the restaurant. He saw Maham sitting near the window. He got there and sat.
Maham:"Kesey ho?"
Yazaan stayed silent.
Maham:"Kuch piyo ge?"
Yazaan:"Hum dono ko Yeh baat pata hai ke tumney mughey yahan juice peene to bulaya nahi hai."
Maham:"You're right. I think we didn't part our ways properly. You have the right to know the truth."
Yazaan:"You think!"
Yazaan answered sarcastically.
Warisha would be proud by my answer right now, Yazaan thought.
Maham:"Look I know what I did was wrong, but it wasn't my fault."
Yazaan looked at her suspiciously.
Yazaan:"You sure your mentally stable, because you were the one who send me the message, Right?
Maham:"Yes. I was the one who sent that message. Main tumhey kaisey batau. I regret my decision everyday. I was jealous of Warisha. She had everything. You were 24/7 around her. Even when you said that you despised her she was still the most Important person for you. Your day started by talking about Warisha and it ended by you fussing about something Warisha did. She was the only person who had the ability to make you, not you. And I hated it. I thought if I married you, I would be your centre of attention ,but Warisha was still there."
Unconsciously Yazaan's lip adored a smile.
Maham:" And then I realised that just because of my jealousy, I end up saying yes to marriage. A lifetime commitment for which I was not ready for."
Maham looked down at her lap. Yazaan sighed and spoke.
Yazaan:"look! I still don't really get your explanation, but I still forgive you nonetheless. Stay happy. Bye!"
With that Yazaan got up from his chair and left, leaving a speechless Maham behind.
______________________________
Yazaan just entered his house, he straight away went to Warisha's room but didn't find her. He disappointedly returned.
Yazaan:"Kabir tumney Warisha ko dekha hai?"
Kabir shook his head in denial.
Malaika:"Hi guys! Warisha ka puch rehey ho?"
Yazaan:"Haan"
Malaika:"Oh wo! Wo to bahir gai hai apne cousin se Milne, Kya naam tha uska...... haan Fazaan." Malaika told them.
Kabir's eyes were wide with horror, while Yazaan clenched his jaw with anger.
Kabir:"Tumhey kese pata?"
Yazaan also diverted his attention to Malaika hearing Kabir's question.
Malaika:"Wo khala ko bata rahi thi tab mainey suna tha." After saying that Malaika stormed off happily, while Yazaan went to his room raging with anger. Kabir ran towards his mother's room.
______________________________
How was the chapter?
Plz vote and comment.