𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE:CHEER CAMP

CHAPTER ONE:
CHEER CAMP

WREN STARED AT HERSELF IN the mirror. Her brown hair curled over her shoulders, white streak hidden underneath her hair. She wasn't sure why it was there, but what she did know what that no matter how much she tried to dye it, the dye simply didn't stay. Even though her hair wasn't all the same color, she was at least thankful that the white flow was on the underside of her hair, making it less noticeable. No matter how hard she tried to hide it, the white shone through like the north star during a midnight sky. She'd given up after last year.

Zombie's attending Seabrook High was not what she'd been expecting at all. Even more so she wasn't expecting her sister to fall in love with one. Addison had fought the entirety of their sophomore year to get the humans to appreciate the Zombies, and in the end acceptance finally rolled around and now the humans and Zombies lived harmoniously together. Wren wasn't as nice as Addison was, not as trusting as she was. In fact, Wren was the exact opposite.

Wren was the silent observer, the one that didn't get into the drama but watched it from afar with popcorn in her hand. She wasn't mean parse, but she wasn't exactly kind either. There's always been an unknown rage that ran at the bottom of her stomach. She wasn't sure what it was from, she wasn't mad at anyone, angry about anything, the aggression was just simply there almost as if it were waiting to be awakened. A knock came on her door and she softly sighed when she saw Addison peak her head in.

The white haired girl made her way over to Wren's bed, taking a seat on it with a smile gracing her face like it always was. Addison stared at her sister for a moment before pushing herself off of the bed and taking a stand behind Wren. She wrapped her arms around Wren's neck, leaning her head on top of her sisters. Whilst Addison was wearing her uniform, Wren opted to ignore the normal town dress wear and put on a band t-shirt and her leather jacket with her jeans and combat boots.

     "You okay, Re?" Addison asked, meeting her eyes in the mirror.

     Wren leaned back into her sisters embrace, placing her hands over top of her sisters. Although Wren hated how trusting and happy her sister was, Addison was the only one that could put a true smile on Wren's face. Addison was the only one that made Wren truly happy. She loved her sister more than anyone or anything in the entire world. "Yeah, I'm okay. I think that time of the month is starting to circle around. . ."

     "You're sad that I'm leaving for cheer camp, aren't you?" Addison asked, smirking in amusement as she watched her sister try to hide how truly upset she was. "It'll only be for a few days. I'll be back before you know it." Addison reached forwards, grabbing her sisters necklace from the corner of the mirror before putting over her head and pulling the hair out from under the string. "Hell, maybe even on one of your walks through the forest you'll hear the echoes of our cheers."

     Wren wrinkled her nose in disgust at the thought. "I think I'll pass." Addison chuckled at this and Wren managed a small smile. She fixed the moonstone around her neck, staring at the gem for a moment before smiling at her sister. "Maybe I'll find out what this thing is and why my mother left it with me."

It had taken a lot of begging, but once high school hit, Wren was determined to find out the truth. She knew that she and Addison were in no way related by blood. She'd started asking questions until eventually she convinced Addison to help her get her parents to tell Wren where she truly came from. Her mom had told her that all she knew was that she had been left on the doorstep with a note that had her name along with the necklace placed around her neck.

     "Addison!" Their mothers voice echoed up the stairs.

     "I have to go." Addison sighed. "I'll see you soon." The two sisters exchanged hugs with each other before Addison walked out, leaving Wren alone in her room.

The younger of the two sisters sighed, flopping down on her bed as a sigh fell from her lips. She laid there for a moment before rubbing her eyes and groaning in annoyance. She did not want to be awake right now. Finally, she stood up. She decided to make the best of the rest of her summer before having to deal with the horrors of school.

 She decided to make the best of the rest of her summer before having to deal with the horrors of school