𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO:WEREWOLVES

CHAPTER TWO:
WEREWOLVES

THE ONLY REASON SHE AGREED to help Zed was because she was excited to watch him embarrass himself. Not only that but she was also anxious to see her sister. She pushed her hair from her face, nose scrunching in discomfort at the blonde ends that now covered her hair. She'd resulted in dying her hair once again in hopes of getting ride of the white, and she thought maybe bleach would kill it once and for all, instead the white simply moved from underneath her hair to the ends of her hair, mixing in with the blonde dyed tips that she'd given herself.

She made her way into Zombietown, her eyes immediately finding Coach's froyo stand. She smiled gently before making her way over to it, immediately earning a greeting from the man to which she returned. She got herself some boring old chocolate flavor, thanking the man as she quickly started to consume the treat. She tore her eyes away from it only when she heard approaching footsteps. A kind smile fell on her face when she saw Zoey and Zed.

"Hey, hey!" Coach greeted with a smile when she saw the two siblings.

"What's up, Coach?" Zed asked, coming to a stop in front of him.

"Oh, football off-season has been good to me, Zed. Invested in a fro-yo cart. Little side hustle, gonna go global, gonna buy a car, get some dress shirts, go on vacation without my great aunt Edna. Though she loves swimwear weather. You know I might just bring her along." Coach ranted but before he could continue, Zoey interrupted him.

"Cauliflower brains mocha crunch, please."

"You got it!" Coach quickly got the girl her order, handing it to her and smiling as she thanked him and immediately dug into it.

"I'll take a vanilla, Coach." Zed requested before meeting Wren's eyes. "What? I like vanilla, okay?" He took his fro-yo and after Zoey went running off and they'd all finished their fro-yo. Zed and Wren made their way deeper into Zombietown, headed straight for the Seabrook Powerplant that was going to be destroyed in a few weeks in order to create a new cheer pavilion. They made it inside and immediately walked over to Zed's father. "Hey, dad."

"Hey, son." He greeted. "First day as foreman of the demolition crew. Big day for zombie-kind." Wren couldn't help but smile at his excitement. She knew that this was a big step for them into trusting the zombies.

Zed placed a hand on his father's shoulder. "Yeah, you'll do great. Just don't make any lame zombie dad jokes."

As Zed and Wren started to walk away he called out saying, "But the workin' stiffs love them."

"Hey, hey! Ho, ho! This demolition has got to go!" The sound of Eliza's voice yelling through the megaphone grabbed their attention. The two made their way to the girl, coming to a stop beside of her. The zombie sighed as she turned her head to look at Zed, worry clear on her face. "They can't tear it down, Zed."