𝐓𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:IT'S GONE

CHAPTER TEN:
IT'S GONE

WHEN SHE WOKE UP THE next morning, there was a sense of relief that seemed to dance in her stomach. Knowing the truth meant everything to her, it's all she'd been searching for since she found out she wasn't truly a Wells. She stared at herself in the mirror, hand holding the white stripe that was almost taking up half of her head now. She'd forgotten to ask about her hair. She shrugged to herself, she would figure it out later. She placed her moonstone around her neck, smiling gently to herself in the mirror. She was proud of who she was, of who her mom was. Now finding the moonstone was the next part of her plan.

Wren made her way downstairs, making herself a bowl of cereal and leaning against the kitchen bar as she ate, as per usual. She watched her parents stare at Addison and her new look. Wren couldn't help the smirk of amusement that pulled at her lips. She knew that she was going to get blamed for this, she always did when it came to Addison not doing something their parents didn't like. Sadly, Wren couldn't take the credit for this one, but her parents didn't have to know that.

     "So." Missy finally said, sitting her spoon down as she stared at her daughter. "New look?"

     "I like it." Addison shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "Wren likes it. My new friends like it."

     "Wren likes it, huh?" Dale looked at his daughter, the one that was older and a pain in his side some days. "Addison, did you join a rock band?" He then looked over at Wren. "Wren, what have I told you about encouraging your sister to change things about herself that doesn't need changing?"

     Wren snorted in amusement. "I didn't do it. But you don't believe that."

     "Wren, sweetheart."

     "Mother, darling."

     Missy stared at Wren for a moment before looking at Addison. "You don't have to listen to her all the time, you know."

     Addison scoffed in disbelief. "It's not Wren's fault, mom. This isn't her doing. I wanted this."

     "But she didn't discourage it, did she?" Dale questioned.

     "Dad, don't blame Wren for it."

     "It's okay, Addison." Wren assured her sister, walking over to her and placing a hand on her shoulder. She looked between her parents, giving them both a bright sarcastic smile. "They've been doing it my whole life." Wren walked towards the door. "Come on. We're going to be late."

     Wren walked out the door and Addison was hot on her heels. Addison caught up to her and the two sisters walked side by side. They looked more like siblings now than they ever have before. Addison looked at Wren for a moment, a frown pulling at her lips. "They shouldn't treat you like that."