𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:THE DANCE

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
THE DANCE

AS THE NIGHT GREW DARKER, Wren had to force herself to walk away from the sick pack. She didn't want to, but she had promised her sister that she would help her get ready for the Prawn tonight. She was surprised her sister was still going seeing as Zed wasn't able to attend. Wren herself wasn't going, but she would still help her sister look as beautiful as ever. She made her way to her house, pushing the door open and thankful that her dad wasn't in the room. She hadn't been home since that night, she hadn't talked to either of her parents, relying on Addison to tell them that she was okay.

Wren made her way up the stairs, gently knocking on her sisters door and pushing it open, letting herself in before Addison had the time to say anything. She closed the door behind her and a small smile fell on Addison's face when she saw her sister standing there. The white haired girl quickly stood up from her bed, walking over to her sister and engulfing her into a hug. Wren quickly hugged her back, the two girls finding comfort in each others arms.

When they pulled away, Addison frowned as worry fell on her face. "How are the wolves?"

Wren sighed, shaking her head. She walked over to Addison's bed, taking a seat. Addison walked over to her, taking a seat beside of her and placing a comforting hand on her sisters shoulder. Wren bit the inside of her cheek as her nerves and fears started to bubble inside of her chest. She didn't like being away from the pack. She didn't like being away from Wyatt. But she didn't like being away from her sister either. "They're not doing so good, A. I don't think they're going to last much longer."

Addison felt tears well in her eyes. She could see the heart break in her sisters eyes and she wished she had the power to protect her from it. Wren may not be an activated wolf, but she was a wolf. They were her pack. And now she was going to have to sit there and watch them slowly die before ever getting the chance to truly be part of them. Addison shook her head, forcing back her tears as she tried to stay strong for Wren. "We're going to help them, Wren. We will. I made a promise to you, I plan on keeping it."

Wren swallowed thickly as she looked at Addison. "But what if there's no saving them? What if the moonstone really is destroyed?"

"We'll find another way. We have to."

Wren forced herself to nod her head, wiping away her tears before putting a smile on her face. "Come on. It's time to make you drop dead gorgeous." She stood up and held her hands out for Addison to grab. Addison smiled at her and grabbed her sisters hands, letting her pull her up from the bed. "Go take a shower, and then the beauty process begins." Wren shoved her towards the bathroom and Addison just laughed before doing as her sister told.

Wren got everything ready, setting out the make up she would need and smoothing out Addison's dress for the dance. It was a beautiful baby blue dress that was sleeveless, the top half of it having white sparkles on it. Wren ran her hand over the fabric of the dress, a small smile pulling at her lips. Even though Zed wasn't going to be going with her, Wren knew that Addison would find a way to make the dance tolerable. A soft sigh fell from Wren's lips as she listened to the sound of the shower turn off. She finished getting everything ready before Addison walked out with a robe on her body.

Wren pulled out a seat for her, debating back and forth on whether or not she should start with the hair or make up. Ultimately she decided to start with her make up. She pulled her sisters hair back so that it would stay out of the way before giving her a light amount of make up. Addison was never one for heavy make up, mostly wearing eyes shadow, mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick. Wren decided to give her a full face. She stood there for fifteen minutes, making her sisters face perfect before deciding it was good enough before starting on her hair.

She plugged in the curling iron, letting it heat up whilst helping Addison into her dress. She started curling her sisters hair, doing it as quickly as possible seeing as the dance was coming closer by the second. When she was done curling it she put it into a small updo, smiling at her work before turning her sister to look at the mirror. Addison stared at herself with awe, a small gasp falling from her lips as she smiled wide.

"Wren, I look beautiful."

"You always look beautiful." Wren commented, placing her hands on both of Addison's shoulders, smiling at how happy her sister look. "I just decided to add a little touch to that beauty." She sighed in content. "Have fun at the dance, Addi."

Addison turned her head to look at Wren. "I really wish you would come with me."

Wren chuckled. "I don't think it's really my scene. I know my wolf side isn't active, but I'm still a wolf. I don't want to be somewhere that I nor the pack is wanted." She took a step back as Addison stood up.

"I understand, but if you want to swing by, even if it's just for a minute, I'll welcome you with open arms. Let someone try and stop you from getting in. They'll have to deal with me first." Addison gave her sister a small squeeze on the hand. "I love you, Wren."

"I love you too, Addison." Wren nodded towards the door. "Go. I'll see you later." Finally Addison nodded her head before walking out. Wren sighed before making her way back to her room. She entered her room, closing her door behind her and leaning against it for a moment. She looked over to her bed and noticed the dress her sister had convinced her to get laying on it. She walked over to it, holding the fabric of the dress in her hands for a moment.

Wren stared at it for a moment before the thought of her sister being alone at the dance with just Bree made anxiety swell. What if the cheerleaders decided to say something to Addison? Wren clenched her jaw, closing her eyes for a moment before sighing and giving in. She slid the light purple dress onto her body, curling her hair and putting on light makeup. She adjusted her moonstone necklace, putting a couple of bracelets on her wrist and a few rings before staring at herself in the mirror.

Wren shook her head, scoffing to herself. "This is stupid."

A knock could be heard at the front door and the girl sighed, making her way down stairs and pulling the door open. She opened her mouth to say some snarky remark but the words fell from her tongue when she saw Wyatt standing there, the wolves and zombies standing behind him. Wyatt looked the girl up and down, breath hitching in his throat. "Wren."

"Wyatt," Wren greeted. She looked at him and at the other wolves and the zombies who were all dressed up before looking back at Wyatt. "What's going on?"

"We're crashing the dance." Wyatt answered her. "I had a feeling you weren't going to go and thought you might want to join." He smiled bashfully at her. "You look beautiful, Wren."

"Thank you, Wyatt." Wren smiled before holding up a finger. She walked back up to her room, throwing on some shoes before making her way back down stairs and closing the front door behind her. "Let's go crash a dance, shall we?" Wyatt and the others smiled widely before Wyatt grabbed her hand and they all made their way towards the school.

 "Let's go crash a dance, shall we?" Wyatt and the others smiled widely before Wyatt grabbed her hand and they all made their way towards the school