𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX:LACK OF CONTROL

CHAPTER SIX:
LACK OF CONTROL

WREN SAT ON HER BED, moonstone necklace in her hand with a sad smile on her lips. This necklace was the last thing that her mother gave her. She wished she could remember her. She knew nothing of what her mother looked like. She didn't have a picture of her, any memory of her. The only evidence that her mom was her mom was the necklace she held in her hands and her parents story of how they found her on their doorstep. The girl sighed as she put the moonstone on her vanity, getting ready to head to bed, when suddenly the sound of something hitting her window grabbed her attention.

Wren frowned for a moment, wondering if she'd just heard things. Then it happened again. She stood up and made her way over to her window, pulling it open and reaching out a hand just in time to catch a third pebble that was about be thrown. She looked down to see Wyatt standing there, surprise on his face when she'd caught the pebble. She looked down at him with a raised eyebrow, watching as he held his hands up in an apology. Wren just shook her head before walking back into her room. She grabbed her necklace and put it back on before making her way out of the window.

She jumped down, landing on her feet and standing up straight. She paused when her nose almost touched Wyatt's. She hadn't expected him to be so close to her. Her breath hitched in her throat at his proximity, their eyes meeting with one another making it even harder for her to move. She'd barely talked to him and yet he had this affect on her that she couldn't quite understand. What she didn't realize was that she had the same affect on him.

"Why are you here?" Wren managed to get out, swallowing as she tried to contain her heart rate.

Wyatt flashed her a smile. "You said you wanted answers."

"I do." Wren nodded before holding the moonstone up. "What is this, and what does it mean?"

"That's a moonstone necklace. Moonstone necklaces gives us wolves our strength and ability to be our true selves and to wolf out." Wyatt stared at her for a moment. "As for what it means, I'm not sure exactly."

"Why would my mother leave this with me?" Wren frowned.

His eyes darted to the white in her hair that had grown since the last time he'd paid attention to it. "Do you want to know what we're really doing here?" Wren nodded her head. Wyatt looked over his shoulder, nervous that someone might overhear him. "We came to take the moonstone back. Our necklaces are losing it's charge and our pack is growing weaker by the second."

"Why have you been stalking my sister?" Wren asked.

"Because, I think that she might be the Great Alpha. She's supposed to lead us to the moonstone. She's supposed to save us." Wyatt answered truthfully. "If you came to the den, I could tell you more. I think one of our elders might know who your mother was and why she left in such a hurry."