𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN:THE WOLF DEN

CHAPTER SEVEN:
THE WOLF DEN

WREN WAS DISGUSTED WITH HERSELF. How could she be so stupid and let jealousy over a guy be something that put her anger in four wheel drive? Her stomach churned. She felt sick. She knew it had been a bad idea to go out into those woods. Now she was attached to a wolf that she barely knew. One that was clearly more interested in her sister than he was of her. Why should she care? She wasn't one for love and relationships anyways. She sat outside at one of the picnic tables, a book open as she silently kept to herself.

The sounds of footsteps appeared, but she didn't bother looking up. She knew who it was. She knew he would be confused by her not talking to him, because quite frankly she was confused by her own feelings. Why was this wolf making her feel this way? She felt so insecure. Addison was gorgeous, Wren knew she could get anyone if she truly tried and if her hair wasn't an abnormal color. Wren couldn't say the same about herself. She was an outsider that didn't wear school colors or support school events―︎ the only reason she ever went to games was to support her sister.

Wyatt took a seat in front of Wren, silently waiting for her to acknowledge him. The smile slowly fell from his face when he realized that wasn't going to happen. He knew she was going to be stubborn. He'd heard about the fight between Zed and Addison. Wyatt knew he'd made a mistake somehow, he just wasn't quite sure what it was he did. He didn't want to mess this up, he couldn't. He knew that getting Addison to trust him was the only way that he could convince Wren to come up to the den and find out the truth. Maybe he'd gotten too close with Addison for Wren's liking.

He reached forwards and took her book, quickly marking where she'd been before closing it and sitting it beside of him. Wren looked up at him and scoffed. "I was reading that."

"I know." Wyatt nodded. "You were also using it as a tactic to ignore me."

Wren rolled her eyes. "No I wasn't."

"Okay, then you won't mind telling me why you stormed out of the gym before I had the chance to talk to you?" Wren stayed silent and he nodded his head. "I don't really know what you thought what was going on, but I'm sure it didn't look good from your point of view."

"It looked like you were getting a little too close to my sister, that's what it looked like." Wren snapped.

"You said the only way to get you to come to the den was if we got her to come too. The only way she'd ever consider is if she trusted us." Wyatt explained himself. Wren looked at him and her shoulders visibly relaxed, the tension leaving her body. Wyatt had to hold back a smirk. "Were you jealous, Wells?"

"In your dreams." Wren scoffed, forcing herself to hold back her smile. "Can I have my book back now?"

Wyatt slid it over to her and she caught it, stuffing it into her bag. "I feel the same way, you know."