𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:HELP THE PACK

CHAPTER TWELVE:
HELP THE PACK

THE EXPLOSION MADE THEM STOP in their tracks. They all stood there as Seabrook Power fell down into a pile of dust and concrete. Wren stood there, mouth slightly agape in shock. Had they really just destroyed the moonstone? Part of her wanted to cry, the other part of her wanted to reach out and find a way to comfort the wolves. She couldn't even imagine what they were going through right now. They had just lost their one chance at survival. Wren had just lost her one chance at transforming into her wolf form.

"What have they done?" Willa whispered with heartbreak in her words. And then all of a sudden all of the wolves started coughing, their necklaces turning a sickly green. Wren held onto Wyatt as panic took over her body. She'd just gotten him, she couldn't lose him already. These were her mothers people. She had to find a way to save them.

Wren had went up to the den that night. She was trying to keep the fear from her body, helping out the wolves as much as she could. Her heart ached seeing them like this. It pained her to see the wolf pups laying beside their mothers, whimpering and coughing as they fought to survive. Wren knew she shouldn't have, but she did. She took a step into Winona's room and she could've cried right then and there. The elder looked so sick, even more than she had last time.

"Grandmother?" Wren whispered, moving to stand beside her. She reached out and placed a hand over Winona's. Winona squeezed her hand weakly in response. Wren's jaw clenched. She was angry at her father for even thinking of setting up the demolition. How could he do this? He was going to be responsible for killing all of the wolves. For killing her grandmother. The thought made anger shoot through her.

Wren clenched her jaw as she shook her head. She placed a kiss on Winona's head before making her way out. She walked past the wolves, storming out of the den and letting the fresh air hit her in the face. She decided to do what she always did when she got upset. Take a walk in the forest. She stuffed her hands in her pockets, letting the gentle wind blow through her hair. Her eyes landed on a large rock and she decided to take it upon herself to climb on top of it and sit down. She could feel a headache forming. All of the stress and heartbreak was killing her.

She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't even notice the approaching footsteps. Her cheeks were stained with tears as she looked up at the stars that were giving the dark sky some light. The sound of an owl hooting from a distance brought Wren a sense of comfort. That was something she could use right now. Knowing that Wyatt was dying was killing her. She couldn't watch him die. She didn't even know what they were, but they were something. He was important to her. The second most important thing in her life with Addison being the first.

"Don't cry." Speaking of Wyatt. He had watched Wren from afar, admiring how she took it upon herself to take care of the wolves when Willa was too weak to do it. Wyatt took a seat beside of her, lifting a hand up and turning her head to face him. He wiped away her tears with his thumb, giving her a small smile.

"Don't look at me like that." Wren whispered, shaking her head. "This is my fault."

"How could this possibly be your fault?" Wyatt questioned.

"I should've stopped him from doing it, Wyatt." Wren told him. "I could've found a way."

"Wren, don't do that to yourself." Wyatt shook his head. "We knew this was coming. It's okay."

"How is it okay, Wyatt? Your pack is dying!"

"We're going to figure something out." Wyatt reached over and grabbed Wren's hand, placing a kiss to her hand as he smiled at her. "You can't get rid of me that easy, Wells." He put his arm around her and pulled her closer, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. He held her as close as he could for as long as he could. Even though he was dying, he was happy. Wren was in his arms. He could die in peace knowing that she cared about him just as much as he cared about her.

Wren sat up and looked at Wyatt, giving him a small smile. "Come on. Your pack needs you."

"They need you too." Wyatt told her. "You're a wolf too, Wren."

"I guess we'll never truly know that for sure." Wren told him with a sad smile. Wyatt jumped down for the rock and held out his hands for her. Wren grabbed them and jumped off as well, allowing herself to land in his arms. Wyatt held her for a moment and Wren took a moment to hold onto him tightly, squeezing him tightly. "I love you, Wyatt. I'll do whatever it takes to help the pack."

"You love me?" Wyatt asked, surprised. He smiled widely.

"If I'm going to lose you, I can't let you go without you knowing." Wren answered. "Wyatt, I've never felt this way about anyone in my entire life. I was perfectly content with not dating, no relationships, and then you came along and you made me change my perspective on everything. We haven't even given us a label, and yet here I am saying that I love you. You don't have to say it back, I know it's sudden. But something inside of me is drawn to you, and I can't help how I feel."

"I love you too." Wyatt admitted. "More than you will ever know."

Wren smiled at him and he smiled back before the two shared a passionate kiss. She pulled away. "Seriously though, we need to get back to the pack."

"Spoken like a true leader." Wyatt smirked, swinging an arm around her shoulders as they made their way back to the den.

"Oh don't start putting your Great Alpha beliefs on me now," Wren joked back. Wyatt chuckled in response. The two made it back to the den, going their separate ways as they helped the members of the pack.

 The two made it back to the den, going their separate ways as they helped the members of the pack