- III -

"I told your bitch ass when I see you it's on site nigga" the bullet ranged through his body as the blood began pouring on the mahogany hardwood floor

"I told your bitch ass when I see you it's on site nigga" the bullet ranged through his body as the blood began pouring on the mahogany hardwood floor. Jade body was frozen as she stared back at the gun barrel pointing in her direction. The guy body dropped to the floor as a scream left her mouth. The guy with the gun started shooting other people as her eyes were trained on the now dead body. His blood started seeping closer to her feet at the same time she felt someone tug on her arm.

I cradled my body in bed as I stared at my comforter. I have been crying non-stop since last night when I got home. I couldn't get the image of the man dying in front of my face out of my head. In a quick flash, he got killed by a firearm. I thought the point of guns was to go hunting for animals, not people.

"Princess you're still crying" my dad asked taking his suit jacket off. I couldn't look at him knowing i went against his wishes, going to Oakland Ridge.

"Hey hey, what's going on" as soon as he rubbed my back, I started crying harder. Every time I closed my eyes, the images of the violence flooded my brain.

"I'm just sad" I lied. This was the second time I ever lied to my dad. I always told him everything. He kissed my forehead. My body shakes slightly as I hugged my knees closer to me.

"Well I've been doing some thinking, I realized I was a little unfair to you last week" I looked him in the eyes as he wiped my tears away.

"Your mother and I noticed how down you have been looking" it takes me crying for them to notice I haven't been happy in this house. They probably think they are the root of my tears and whatever he offers me will make me stop. That's one thing my dad always did, buy me materialistic things or promise me something that I want to make me stop.

"One time a week, you can go into town. I signed you up for the dancing class" a small smile grew on my face. See there's the culprit, offering me something I've been begging for.

"Are you serious?" I asked. He nodded.

"But you have to promise me to stay away from the people— that act differently than us" I nodded as I finally moved my eyes to look over at him.

"I notice you and Jenny have been getting closer." I nodded. I like nothing about her.

"Yes we are" he rubbed my shoulders.

"Good, I decided to set up some times you two girls can hang out, give you more to do than sit in the house" I sighed internally.

"Thank you dad" I put on a fake smile.

"Get out of bed and take a break from all of this crying" he closed the door behind himself. I groaned falling back.