- XXVIII -

| 2 weeks later |

| 2 weeks later |

No one tells you the evil that surrounds our life,
Most of us may be blind to it or choose to look past it.
Life was not at all what I expected it to be,
I didn't realize there was a world outside of my community,
A place where others struggle to get by,
A place that I was shielded from.
A place where I met the one man who kept it real—and made sure I saw the impurity of the world we live in.
A man who I fell deeply in love with.. Shai Hendrix

I closed my composition book as I heard my name being called. I stuff the book back into my bag as I walked up towards the double doors.

"Ms. Moore?" I smiled with a nod as I followed her towards the back. She opened one of the doors as I took in the beautifully structured open room.

"I'm Latrice, I think we met briefly before some time ago" I nodded with a smile as we shook hands.

"Naomi speaks very highly of you" she smiled waving me off.

"Don't tell the other girls but she is my favorite" she whispered as a few of the younger ones were busy tying up their pointe shoes. I let out a chuckle as I dropped my bag in the corner of the room.

"Go ahead and get ready and then I'll introduce you to the girls" I nodded as she walked off. I sat down on the floor taking my pointe shoes out of my bag as well as my toe covers.

"I overheard Ms.Latrice saying you were dancing today" I looked up at a very excited Naomi.

"I figured the best way to introduce the new teacher would be to dance for y'all" I said with a smile. These past two weeks, I've slowing been dancing until I got comfortable doing skills I use to do before the accident. It was such a blessing to be here and offered this opportunity. It was really because of Naomi on why Ms.Latrice seek me out. She offered me a teaching assistant position.

She was going to help me gain more confidence in my skills until I audition for one of the bigger ballet academies by the end of the year. I didn't think I would beat the odds of doing this again and actually chasing my dreams.

"Girls, let me have your attention" Naomi stopped mid sentence as everyone in the room gave their undivided attention. She clasped her hands together as I took my stance.

"I want to introduce someone that will be helping out in our classes from here on. This is Ms.Moore" she said looking over at me. I waved at them as they started smiling.

"Oh your hair is so pretty" a shorter girl than Naomi said with a cheesy smile as she stared at my curly Afro. I decided to finally embrace my natural features and mane since I started the journey of discovering myself and learning who I am. I didn't want my straight hair or makeup to aligned with my parents anymore. I wanted to love me.