- XVIII -

Like I said, I handled him when there was no crowd and that shit was not pretty

Like I said, I handled him when there was no crowd and that shit was not pretty. Tevin was worse than me when it came to situations like these. Back when we use to roll with Ace, they use to call him Butch. The name itself was self-explanatory. Xavien even pulled up because he felt betrayed too.

We had a whole conversation that we wasn't sure who was a snitch. We had a eyes on all of them and even with us finding out about Keon. I still felt like I was missing something. I opened the door to Anna May's letting Jade and Naomi walk in. Naomi just had a recital and wanted to celebrate here. Well mainly because it was the closest eating spot she liked.

"Y'all find a table and I'll place the orders" they nodded walking away. I stood in line typing on my phone. Tev and X was blowing my phone up about what was next. I had to find Diamond before they find me.

"Let me guess you want the jerk chicken combo" the lady behind the counter said. I looked up from my phone as the older lady gave me a smug grin.

"I must come here to often if you remember" she laughed as she rung me up.

"Let me get two of those and a tilapia combo" I spoke pulling my wallet out. She nodded ringing it up as I passed my card over.

"Here yo' go, it'll be out shortly" I nodded taking my receipt before walking over to the table.

"My stomach is slowly eating itself" Naomi groaned dramatically. I sucked my teeth as Jade giggled.

"Them snacks should've held you over"

"Boy them fruit snacks barely put a dent to my hunger" I chuckled as she crossed her arms.

"Whenever I use to complain when I was hungry my father would say, Jade you letting the poison trick your mind" my smile faltered as I turned to look at her. She still had a silly smile on her face as her and Naomi laughed. Poison.

"What did you say?" She turned to look at me with her chin leaning on her hand.

"Oh my father has this weird fascination with poisonous air or something like that. I still have no clue what he means" she said with a shrug.

"He sounds like a strange man" Naomi said making Jade laugh. I opened my mouth to ask another question.

"Order 249" we heard.

"It's about time" Naomi said smiling wide. I quickly got up to collect the food as my mind was distracted.

Shai stood from the steps as a leather gloved hand raised the gun to his mother, pressing the trigger multiple times.

POP
POP
POP

his body flinched to every sound as the tears trickled down his face. His loving mother dropped to the ground clutching her stomach.