- X -

It's been a couple weeks since I've been staying with Armani and it has been —a huge adjustment

It's been a couple weeks since I've been staying with Armani and it has been —a huge adjustment. I was so use to everything being prepped and ready for me when I wake up but since being here I had to do everything myself. Of course I had no problem with it but it was weird to get accustomed to.

"Jade you got company" I heard Armani yell from down the hall. I looked up from my book as a knock was planted on my door.

"Come in" the door knob turned and in walked Shai with a brown bag in his hand. A smile graced my face.

"Shai, I hate to say it but I missed you" I joked. He grabbed his chest.

"Shit that kind of hurt" I let out a laugh as he opened his arms. "Come here, let me get my hug I haven't seen you in weeks"

I sat up going in his embrace as he gave me a bear hug. His schedule was way busier than mine given that my life has nothing going on. I was free every single hour expect Tuesday's when I have dance practice.

"Where have you been?" I asked once we parted. He took a seat on my bed.

"Shit between my boxing tournament, working and taking Naomi to practice and school, I barely have the time to sit and relax"

"That's not good. Your body needs rest"

"I know, I just been on the go" he passed me the brown bag "I picked this up for you on the way"

I took the bag from his hand as I pulled out a pack of gummy bears. I smiled. I tried them for the first time when Naomi shared with me. She was disappointed when I told her I never had them before. Ever since, I crave them all the time.

"Thank you" he nodded in response as I opened it and poured some in my hand.

"So how's the adjustment? I still can't believe you really left"

"It's adjusting —as for that house, my dad is still tryna control me even with my presence being gone" he keeps threatening to turn my phone off and cutting me off if I don't return immediately. The thought made my eyes roll.

"Look as much as I don't like your father for the way he raised you, embrace having both your parents still. You don't have to be tight but at least keep some kind of relationship with them" I nodded as he kept his focus forward. I drew an imaginary circle on my comforter.

"What were your parents like? I know you don't talk about them much" he looked over at me with a smile.

"They were great and very loving people. You know you remind me of my mom in some aspects. You have this aroma that just makes it easy to talk to you, it's peaceful. I think that's why I like being around your irritating ass" I smiled pushing his shoulder as he chuckled.

"But na' they were great parents. They created such a safe space that I could literally tell them anything and know they wouldn't judge me. It was comforting. Sometimes I wish Naomi could experience it" my hand touched his shoulder.