- XVII -

Since it was bring a friend at my ballet gym, I brought Naomi along with me

Since it was bring a friend at my ballet gym, I brought Naomi along with me. Her teacher has been sick for the past two weeks and she wanted to practice. She held my hand as we walked into the now packed room. There were parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, and possibly boyfriends.

"Wow your gym looks way fancier than mine" Nay said taking a glance at the high ceilings where a chandelier hung. The curvatures of the arches bent along the wall with a beige paint color. My father still paid for my classes despite our recent disagreements.

"But the people at your gym are way nicer" we sat down towards the back wall to replace our crocs with pointe shoes.

"When we get home, can we watch Ice age together" she asked catching me off guard. Home? She was too busy rambling about why it was her favorite movie to realize I still haven't responded.

"Jade?" I looked over at her as I gave a smile.

"I would like that" she clapped excitedly.

"Maybe we can convince shai to join, I know he secretly loves that movie" I chuckled as a few people walked in our direction to get started.

"Well if it isn't Miss prissy" I simply rolled my eyes as I did my positions on the barre bar. "—your form still needs some work"

"And your lace front needs some as well" Naomi responded raising on her toes. "I consider doing more plucking around the hairline"

My mouth fell open as the girl stomped and walked away. Naomi continued warming up unfazed by her reaction. "You're just like your brother"

"Well he did raise me" I chuckled as the teacher walked into the room. For majority of practice, we taught the people we brought along some of the easier moves. Since Naomi does ballet, I taught her the more advanced moves.

We were enjoying ourselves and mainly laughing at one another. My teacher corrected Naomi technique for a few moves butt she was mainly praised for how well she catches on.

As we were leaving the gym, we was gonna stop for ice cream before Shai picks us up. She held onto my hand as we talked about our favorite Disney princesses.

"Jade" I looked up to see my father standing in his Armani suit leaning against the car. Naomi grip ok my hand tighten as she stared at him.

"Father" he cleared his throat walking towards us. I motioned for Naomi to wait for me inside. She quickly let go of my hand and rushed inside. He slipped his hands into his suit pocket as he looked me over.

"Who is that little girl?" He questioned.

"We practice together and sometimes get ice cream until her ride gets here" I lied. I didn't feel comfortable to disclose who she was to me and how I'm insanely attracted to her older brother. He would go a hunt to find out who he is and find a way to bring me home for good if he believes someone is 'manipulating' me.