- XIX -

I raised the blunt to my mouth and flickered my lighter to light the other end

I raised the blunt to my mouth and flickered my lighter to light the other end. It's been a moment since I smoked. I closed my eyes taking in the euphoric feeling as I leaned back in my car seat. I raised it again as I unlocked my car doors.

The door swung open as Ghost slipped his wide build into my car. I glared over at him as he got himself situated. I haven't mention to him about Keon or my findings on Lance.

"I picked up a trace on Ace" Ghost said once he looked over at me. I raised an eyebrow as I blew the smoke out of my mouth.

"How so?"

"I got my ways" he started as I peered over at him. "He never went mute, he's been right under our nose the whole time"

"Word, so where is he?" I had a match coming up and I wanted this conversation to hurry up and be over. This back and forth with this situation has been tiring me out, I just wanted a break.

"Not a clue but I'm currently tracing a number he has been texting frequently"

"You think it's his contact to Diamond?" He shrugged.

"I doubt it, Diamond is very old school with everything" Hmm.

"—but I do know the number is from someone in your neighborhood" I leaned back in my seat, pulling some of my chin hairs.

"Do you know a Gotti?" I asked.

"Not much, just that he's Diamond right hand man. He's known for pulling the trigger without a warning"

"Back to the number, I traced it but someone is blocking my transmission. It won't tell me who the phone is registered under" he spoke.

"You tried calling it?"

"No dumbass, last thing we need is Ace finding out we on his trail" I shrugged.

"No need to be hostile nigga" he flipped me off as I let out a laugh.

"How'd you know about Gotti?" I looked back over at him.

"I got my ways" I mocked. He squinted his eyes at me.

"What you not telling me? The last time we talked was months ago"

"I know just as much as you" I said with a shrug.

"Is that so" he said crossing his arms. "Who's the girl?"

"What you talking about"

"Nigga I ain't stupid, word on the street you been hanging with some new broad"

"You been keeping tabs on me?

"I ain't have a choice, you keeping shit from me"

"What I decide to disclose to you is my choice. Not yours"

"It is my business if it concerns finding Diamond, so who is she? Do she know what we're doing"

"I'll like to keep her out of this shit if you don't mind. So don't ask again"