- XXVII -

We gotten back in town late last night and Jade was still very persistent in talking to Ghost

We gotten back in town late last night and Jade was still very persistent in talking to Ghost. I personally wanted nothing more than to beat his ass for everything but I promised I would behave. We were currently chilling outside at one of the restaurants table, awaiting for his arrival.

Since the idea of this meeting made me uncomfortable. I took it upon myself to have some people around to keep watch, just in case he tries to pull anything. Last thing I need is for her to get hurt again. I kept glancing around until I locked eyes with his. He had his hands in his pants pockets as he strided towards our table with a huge grin. Jade looked up at him, immediately getting tense.

"It's okay" I mutter, rubbing the inside of her thigh. She gave me a closed lip smile as Ghost takes a seat in front of us.

"Princess" he spoke looking directly at her.

"Please call me Jade" I kept my hand on her thigh trying my best to give her comfort.

"Very well... Jade, how have you been?" She scoffed.

"Besides being shot and going through excruciating pain— I guess dandy" his smile dropped as he finally looked over at me.

"Well" he cleared his throat. "I was hoping we could start on a new foot—"

"Why you ain't tell me about her?" I questioned. He stared at me momentarily before looking back over at her.

"I want to apo— answer his question" she interrupted crossing her arms over her chest. He cleared his throat.

"I didn't think it was none of your business at the time, it was best very few knew about it"

"Bullshit, try again" he pressed his lips firmly together releasing a huff.

"Dia— well Kat went off the face of the earth the moment our secret was exposed" he gave sympathetic eyes my way. "She took my daughter away from me and ran away with my brother, I didn't know what to do"

"So for 12 years my mother kept her secret until she told you. Is that the reason you wanted me to not get involved with Ace?"

"I thought it was best if I tried to get you out of this destructive path. I knew Ace was still working for Lance. He wanted to get to me through you— he knew I saw you as a son to me" he muttered the last few words but I heard him. Ghost and my father grew up together, went to the same school, worked at the same job until my father decided he didn't want to associate in the streets no more like ghost. It was always a weird energy between the two when he came over.

At the time I thought nothing of it but now it made sense. His kid was taken away from him and I was the best best thing to family to him. This time Jade caressed my hand.

"I'm going to ask a question and I want a honest answer" I spoke as I kept my attention towards the people passing by.

"If my mother outed your secret, why was my father killed as well? Kat is a smart person just like you, she would have handled it a different way than she did" by the time our eyes met back, his was filled with sadness.