E.2.

Check if you've read the previous update
_____________

Sana tightly hugged Sidharth's right arm in fear and nervousness while he glared at the man in band-aid seated infront. Sidharth was handcuffed and a constable was sitting on the left side while the jeep progressed to the police station.

Sana shivered looking at the phone screen. It flashed the name "Papa" on it. Sidharth and Sana stared at each other. It stopped ringing for few seconds before it started to ring yet again. This time it was "Mumma".

"Take the call Sana.", Said Sidharth.

"What would I tell them? I am scared", She nodded to deny nervously.

"They will be worried already and if you don't answer now, they will panic.", Said Sidharth.

She nodded in refutation.

"Then give me, I will answer the call.", He said trying to take the phone but she pulled the phone away from him refusing to give.

"I.. I will speak to them..", she said. The phone stopped ringing and Sana sighed but when her eyes met Sidharth's glaring eyes, she nodded and dialled her mother's number immediately.

"Sana.. where are you?", Her mother answered on the first ring and asked in urgency.

"Maa.. aaa.. mmm... aaa..", Sana's mind was blank as she couldn't find words to explain. The police constable behind the driving wheel stepped in the brake causing them jerk. Sana looked at the board outside which read 'Shantinagar Police Station' and gulped.

"Sana.. what happened dear? I can't hear you. Are you alright? Where are you?", Asked her mother being extremely worried.

"Shantinagar.. Police.. Station..", Sana stuttered.

"Police station?? Why?", Her mother exclaimed in panicky tone.

"Maa.. please don't tell papa..", her words were interrupted by yet another voice.

"Sana.. what happened? Why are you in police station?", Asked her father.

"Pa..pa..", she fumbled while the police constable called her.

"Hey you, put the phone down and move your a$$ out of the jeep.", Shouted the lady constable making her flinch. She immediately disconnected the call and got down from the car.

Sidharth was sitting inside the lockup while Sana was nervously biting her nails sitting on the bench outside. Her eyes were fixated only at Sidharth. The man in bandages was sitting in the distance on another bench.

Sana's father, Naveen and his wife, Shanti rushed to the station. They look at their daughter and run towards her.

"Sana.. what happened my child?", Asked her mother hugging Sana. Sana nervously looked at Sidharth which her father observed instantly.

"Oh!! Did he try trouble you as I rejected his proposal? Don't worry my child, I will make sure he will rot in the jail forever.", Naveen gritted his jaws in anger.

"No.. no.. Papa.. Sidharth didn't do anything to me. It was him, that man who eve-teased me so Sidharth beat the hell out of him. Papa, please help Sidharth get out of the lockup. He wasn't at fault. He was just trying to protect me.", Said Sana pointing her finger at the man in bandage.

"Huh?", Naveen glared at the man in bandage.

"What's the matter? Why are y'all causing crowd and noise inside the  police station? Hey girl, didn't I ask you to go home?", Asked the inspector.

"Sir, that man eve-teased my daughter and you haven't pushed him behind the bar yet?", Asked Naveen.

"Listen Mister. Your son-in-law has beaten a shit of him. He has got multiple stitches and a broken bone. We can't keep him inside the lockup.", Said the inspector.