E.20.

Check if you've read the previous update

Unedited..
_______

When the auto rickshaw came to a halt near Sidharth's home, Rekha and Amar were stunned to see Sana with Sidharth yet again. There was still a week's time for Naina's wedding. The guests were expected to not arrive so early that too a mere friend. Sidharth had silenced them last time with some reason but now the suspicion leaped up again.

Their raised eyebrows made Sana lower her head in embarrassment. Sidharth paid the rickshaw driver and looked up at his parents with a smile. Their quizzical look and Sana's reaction made him roll his eyes.

"What happened? Shall we go inside?", Sidharth asked his dumbfounded parents and they nodded their heads in yes after glancing at each other.

Amar and Rekha walked ahead while Sidharth and Sana followed them inside. Sidharth slid his hand around her waist pulling her closer which made her gasp and look at him totally flabbergasted.

"Sidharth?", she questioned his action in whisper.

"Hmm..I am not wasting time this time.", He mumbled.

"Don't give them a sudden shock please.", She whispered trying to make an unsuccessful attempt to create some space between them.

"They are already in shock. Didn't you see their reaction. What better opportunity than this to continue with the flow?", He asked.

"Fine, but leave me..", she pushed him harder but he didn't budge.

"I didn't marry to leave you.", He whispered near her ear.

"Huh!! (Gasps) Pleaaaasee!!", She pleaded with puppy eyes and he obliged staring intensely into her eyes with a soft smile.

She diverted her sight for a second and realised his parents stare at them. Nervously she put down her head like a guilt ridden criminal. Sidharth looked at them.

"What's happening here, gentleman?", Asked his father.

"I wanted to tell to you both something", Sidharth said in one breath. Naina who came out of her room with a smiling face, halted in her trail sensing the intensity of the situation.

"Is it urgent?", His father asked.

"It is very important.", Sidharth replied.

"Hmmm.. go on!", Said his father.

Sidharth held Sana's hand softly. Her hands were cold as ice.

"Sana is not my just friend", Sidharth said.

"Hmmm.. We sensed it last time itself. She is your girlfriend right?", His father asked.

"No.. She is my wife.", Sidharth answered shocking his parents.

"What?", Rekha and Amar said in unison.

"We married in court 6 months ago.", Said Sidharth giving them an even bigger shock.

"Six months ago? That means you were already married when you came for Naina's engagement?", Asked his mother.

"Hmm..", Sidharth nodded his lowered head.

"That can't be true because you agreed to marry Divya", Rekha said.

Sidharth felt mortified remembering his stupidity.

"Were y'all really married when you came for Naina's engagement?", Amar probed.

Sana's grip on his hand strengthened to boost his confidence.

"I am sorry Babuji. It was my mistake. I was concerned about Naina's engagement hence I agreed to..", Sidharth didn't continue because he knew his parent's won't buy his reason.