E.30.

Check if you've read the previous update
________

A pair of eyes scanned the little bus stop on the opposite side for someone's presence. But, it couldn't get a glimpse of her. Sidharth and Sana's bus routes were different now as she stayed at her parents' house.

It had been a week since he saw her last. The day he said those mean words to her. His conscience was compelling him every moment to go get her home. Every minute spent without her was an agonising torture. But the opponent in this fight still hadn't given up. The opponent - his ego.

"Look, that's her!", Sidharth heard a voice from behind. He raised his head up to look at the opposite bus stop.

"Who?", another voice came from behind.

His heart skipped a beat and the time just froze when he got a glimpse of her who was now standing at the bus stop. He observed her from top to toe. She looked different. It wasn't the same Sana, he knew. This Sana was missing that glow on her face. Her eyes were baggy, lost and tired. His heart ached to see her like this. All he wanted to do at the present was to run and embrace her.

She lifted her eyelids and met his gaze. Her eyes widened a little as her pupils dilated. Her lips parted a little when she gasped. Sidharth's face loosened in order to give her a smile and his leg almost ready to go to her

"Sana Joshi..", Sidharth's half grown smile disappeared even before they appeared fully. He furrowed his eyebrows shocked as to why were the two men standing behind him discussing his wife. Though his eyes were staring at her, his ears were at the conversation. Sana turned her face away as she was hurt by his indifferent expression.

"Oh!! Your ex-subordinate cum new boss?", asked the other man.

"Boss! Huh!!", the man grumbled in annoyance. Sidharth glanced at the man to see his face before turning his back again.

"She looks too young to be your boss. Is she so diligent? How did this miracle happen?", the man asked.

"Diligent? Miracle? Just look at her. It's not rocket science that you don't understand. She is a lady. They have all the necessary assets to attract promotions unlike us. Just show some skin and the promotion is in. Seduction is the shortcut to promotion.", the man spat the venom in frustration. His lewd comments irked Sidharth's nerves. Gritting his jaws, Sidharth turned around and leaped to punch the man's face.

"Aaaahhh..", the man shrieked holding his face. The corner of his lips was bleeding. His friend looked aghast at sudden outburst.

"Hey! What's wrong? Who are you?", the man's friend asked trying to push Sidharth away from the man to avoid any further beating.

"You filthy bastard!! How dare you use such filthy words for Sana..", Sidharth kicked the man on his calf muscles making him fall on his knees. The people around started to yell and tried to interfere while a familiar hands hugged Sidharth from the behind, pulling him away. It was the same touch for which he had been longing for a week now.

"Sidhaarth.. what are you doing?", Sana asked pulling him away. As soon as she saw her husband punch her ex boss, she had immediately ran across the busy road to reach him. Though her tug was not as strong as the other man who was trying to pull him away, Sidharth loosened a little and moved back.

"Have you gone mad? Why are you hitting him?", she panicked looking at the blood on the man's shirt and the consequence of which could bestow upon her husband, Sidharth.

Sidharth didn't reply but kept glaring at the man with a fuming face. Sana stepped in-between her husband and the man now.

"A.. Aarif, are you okay?", she fumbled to check on the man who was being helped by his friend to get up on his feet. Her mind was continuously thinking on how to get out of the situation without getting Sidharth in trouble of police case. But her words for other man only ruined Sidharth's mood further. Why the hell was his wife so concerned about the person who was slut-shaming her behind her back?