E.22.

Unedited..

____

Post the get-together and mehendi ceremony, few close guests from Naina's side, who would stay back, were split into two groups of all men and women. Since the weather wasn't too extreme, they were to squeeze in two big halls rather than rooms to save cost like every middle class family does. Whereas on the other hand, Divya and Sharad's guests were given separate rooms by their hosts.

"You know bhaiyya, it is said that the darker the shade of heena, more the husband loves his wife.", Naina teased Sidharth as he sprinkled sugar mixed water on Sana's palm.

"Oh! That means by tomorrow morning, I will get to know how much Vivek loves you.", Sidharth returned her tease.

"Bhaiyya.. I was talking about you and bhaabhi..", Naina whined with a pouty face fighting off her blush so that it doesn't show up.

"I don't need heena to convey the amount of love for my wife. Besides, I don't think heena has that much capacity to depict it. It might just go black. Isn't it Sana?", Sidharth said gazing intensely into his wife's eyes which made her cheeks go crimson.

"Hmmm.. it's no fun teasing you. You are totally whipped. Let's go and grab some sleep bhaabhi", Naina sighed. She stood up to disperse to the ladies territory. Finding her brother and sister-in-law lost into each other's eyes, she shrugged and left them alone.

"Bye, Good night", Sana softly wished him.

"I have a long night. There are still some decorations left for tomorrow.", Sidharth answered.

"Oh!!", Sana's lips curved upward.

"Hmm.. but I can spare some time for you. Do you need a helping hand in changing?", He asked flirtatiously in his husky voice

"Hush! Shameless!!", She scolds him with a blush before biting her lower lip. Sidharth giggles enjoying her now reddened face.

"Fine, with your permission, may I kiss my wife?", he asked. Her eyes turned wide as she looked around to check the surroundings when he stole a quick peck.

"Good night sweetheart. Get your beauty sleep.", Sidharth wished before they parted.

...
...
...

The next day was a haldi ceremony. The ceremony where turmeric paste is applied on bride and groom's body.

Yawning and stretching her arms, Sana wakes up. The rough sensation on her palm reminds her of the heena art on it. She looks at the dry patches of heena in her hand. Excited to see the end result of the design, she runs towards the washroom. There was a queue of the guests who were awaiting to use the  common washrooms. She had to contain her excitement for a few more hours until she got to use the washroom.

Sana's face brightened up looking at the deep brown coloured design on her hand. She smiled as she was reminded of Naina's word, 'The darker the shade of heena, more the husband loves his wife'. Thinking of Sidharth, she goes in search of him and finds him dozing in the corner of the hall assigned to men.

"Sidhaaarth..", she whispered and shook him.

"Hmm..", he hummed with his eyes shut.

"Sidharth, Wake up.." she whispered yet again.

"Let me sleep for a while.. zzzz", he mumbled before snoring.

"Look at my mehendi..", she shook him again.

"Hmmm.. nice.. zzzzz...", He mumbled yet again without opening his eyes and resumed snoring. The joyous facial expression was wiped off her face and overwritten by disappointment.