III

It was the day of the event and I just couldn't wait anymore. I knew exactly what I was going to wear, and I know for a fact I'll be breaking necks as soon as I pull up. I was told I could invite a plus one, so of course I invite Victoria. Both of our outfits are similar which I'm so excited about.

It's early in the day, around 6am and we're in the airport going to baggage claim and Victoria begins to complain. "It's too early to be walking six miles to the front of the airport." She whines as she drags her duffle on the floor. She's clearly tired and so am I, but I'm excited.

I can't do anything but laugh at her, "welcome to LA"

Being in LA was very new to me as well, but I'd been to Vegas and that airport is like 16 Walmarts smushed and stacked on each other. LAX is just a little smaller.

We continue walking and walking, finally making it to baggage claim and as soon as we get there, the bags start rolling out, I sigh, " well thank God we don't have to wait for the belt to start." We both begin making our way to the front of the belt and just our luck, our suitcases were first. I struggled a bit getting mine off simply because I over packed and then had to pay and extra $50 for it. On the other hand, Victoria quickly just slides hers off just like that.

We walk just a little more to the double sliding doors that lead to outside. There, we're greeted but a white man with our names on a whiteboard and no fans thankfully, I was very careful about what I posted about the trip. "Hello y/n and Victoria, my name is Milo. I'll be your designated driver for your time being here, all you have to do is call and I'll be there in no time." He introduces himself stepping aside. THEN, out comes another man who doesn't speak but lifts our bags with ease and puts them in the trunk.

Me and Vic then also get into the car to go to one of the nicest hotels I had ever seen which was the Yaamava. Thank the Lord I didn't have to pay for it and it was already paid for. Majority of the women at the event will be staying there as well which would be so fun. I'd got the choice to snatch up the presidential suit which meant BOTTLES ON TOP OF BOTTLES.

The ride from the airport to the hotel wasn't long at all. As soon as we get there, we're bombarded with people and fans. I share a few waves and some words just to be nice but I didn't have any time to stop and really interact. I try my best to push past the crowd and into the hotel lobby where we're then greeted my the receptionist who knew exactly who I was, she doesn't say much of anything, handing me the two keys to the suite.
-
Fast forward, we're settled into the room and we pretty much are chilling since it's still so early. Victoria is in her own room and I'm on the couch in the living room scrolling through social media of course, I even decide to make a TikTok to pass time.

I do a little dance and post it then immediately get bored. "Vic, you wanna go explore?" I yell out in hopes she isn't sleep.

It takes a second for her to respond, "I'm resting."

"Girl get the hell UP. We can come back later."

"Later, then it's time to get ready. So no, I'm staying."

I huff, I knew she wasn't going to give in so I just left her. I walk onto the elevator with my head down and nose in my phone I don't even realize I'm walking into someone. "Oh shit, my bad." I finally look up and it's Lupita Nyongo, Letitia's BESTIE.

"Lupita?"

"Y/n," she starts, stepping aside. "Tish talks about you"

Damn, that's the first thing you say when you meet someone? No wonder people think she's the reason Letitia knows about the strap... N E WAYZ.

I slide my phone in my pocket, " oh really? In a good way?"

She nods, pressing the lobby button. " of course in a good way. She's incapable of hurting a-" she pauses and laughs at herself. "Who am I kidding, she hates flies. But yes in a good way, you know she's sweet."

Well shit

The conversation keeps going, it's light but comfortable. I learned that Letitia was stying elsewhere at another hotel but she was to come visit a little later after the event.

I actually didn't do too much exploring due to the fact that I didn't really feel like it anymore after being told that Tish likes me. As she should though. I'm not even gonna play it off like I don't care because I do but it's so odd that BOOM I'm being liked by someone that's liked by BILLIONS of other girls.
-
We arrive to the event and cameras are flashing. Blinding us by the second. People are yelling others people names, my name, Victorias name. It's a lot. It was a little too much for me because I don't like a lot of yelling, it irks me.

I'm wearing a sparkly fuchsia jumpsuit that's flared at the bottom with clear heels. There's sleeves that are wayyy too big for my arms but that's what adds to the look. My whole back is out but covered by a sheer glittered fabric. My wig is middle parted and straight.

On the other hand, Vic is adorned in a forest green jumpsuit that's also flared at the ankles but hers is shorter than mine. She had no sleeves and there's a big fabric bow on the front. She wore black heels and a very pretty up do with a curly side bang.

We looked absolutely stunning. As we're walking in, we're being stopped to take some pictures along the red carpet every few steps, which is how I expected it. A little after that, an interviewer walks up to me and Victoria but she ends up walking away to go do whatever, I don't know.

"Hey y/n! Who are you wearing?" He asks, then puts the mic to my mouth.

I smile, "Custom made Yves Saint Laurent then the shoes are Bergdorf Goodman."

He gives me the looks of shock, like if course I'm going to look my best on the red carpet, duh. "You look absolutely amazing! I've heard you want to see Letitia."

"That is true."

He looks over my shoulder and I'm guessing they lock eyes. the next thing I know is as soon as I look back, I'm being pulling into a hug but someone that's so fine.

It's Letitia.

Oh em gee she smelt of expensive perfume and the mint gum she was chewing. "It's so nice to finally meet you. I've seen and heard so much about you." She pulls away from me and looks me dead in my face. I almost couldn't speak, but the thug in me does it anyway.

"It's so nice meeting you as well! Your outfit is gorgeous!"

I'm not sure the brand but she was wearing an all red two piece suit with black shoes and gold jewelry. She did look sooo much better in person. I almost dropped to my knees and begged for mercy.

"So do you, you look hella good"

I of course get flustered and she sees this, she places her hand on my shoulder and nudges me back a little bit to get me to look up, and oh my gosh the look she had on her face. THE SMIRK. The interviewer had left already and that left us in the midst of all these famous people, fans, and shit. Gradually while talking we're moving back to the picture section and we take some good ass pictures.

There's one in particular where she places her arm around my waist and pulls me closer to her and places her head on mine.

Yeah, the end.

That's the part where I- well you died :) you're shaking in your boots aren't you? You WISH that was you huh?

Hello, I figured out what I'm going to be doing with the book and OMG DID YOU CATCH THE REFERENCE?????? Anyways, I was trying to hurry and get to the part where y'all go ahead and meet up. I felt conflicted when writing this the elevator part, I wanted her to meet SOMEONE didn't know who so I had to stop writing for a while. This would have been out earlier if that wasn't a fact. EnJOY