XIV

Today was the day for once another interview. I was skeptical only because the whole world knew that me and Tish were dating so God only knew the types of questions I'd be asked. I was prepared, physically, not mentally though.

My thoughts are interrupted by a call from Letitia to which I answer wayyyy too fast.

"Hey my love. How are you?" I can already tell she said it with a smile on her face, you could almost hear it, but I'm smiling too.

"Hey Tish. I'm great and yourself?"

"I'm good. Todays your interview right?"

I nod as if she can see me, "yeah. Not that excited though."

"Why not?"

"I just don't want them asking me suggestive questions and whatnot. I will fuck some shit up."

"Oh, yeah. Well on the brighter side you can officially say to the public *again* than you and I are dating, let us clap our hands." And I hear her clap her hands and I laugh at her.

"Yes, yes return of grace. Oh my gosh have you seen the edits?"

"I have and I love all of them. They're so fast though."

"I very much agree. I don't know, the one where you rested your hand on my neck will always play in my head. We love to see it."

"The kiss was my favorite."

"That one eats too, don't get me wrong. BUT I'm cutting it close, I have to get ready for this interview. I'll call you right after?"

"Sure thing, I'll talk to you later."

"Byeee."

Click

I set my phone down and do whatever I need to do to get ready. Though I say this before every interview, I didn't really feel like going. This feeling was stronger than the other times because something told me I was gonna have to argue.

It outfit was simple; plain white tee, black ripped jeans and white forces. Lace is side parted today, loving the switch up.
-
"So, you and Letitia are dating correct?"

I smile at the thought then I nod, "correct."

"How's that going?" He intertwines his hands sitting them on his lap. I was prepared to answer questions like this, no problem. I just knew to give out the bare minimum.

"Very good actually. The vibes are awesome."

He nods with a smile on his face, turning to his next card, "that's awesome to hear. I'm glad you're both happy. But to get into the nitty gritty; let's talk a little about what happened with Kehlani a while back. What happened?"

I shift uncomfortably, this is because I didn't like publicly speaking about things that could ruin mine or another persons reputation. I wasn't even the type to for real spill tea.

"Next question." Blank stare.

He looks at the camera man and then back to me, "how about this, how do you feel about what happened? Did it affect your relationship with Letitia?"

Once again, blank stare. "Next question." I cross one leg over the other, clearly bored and patience running thin.

"O-kay... um was it easy to get Letitia's attention?"

This is where I lose it.

"I'm not finna sit here and keep answering these personal ass questions. I came here to speak about myself and my career and maybe one small question about Letitia, that's what we agreed on. So it's either you fix your damn questions or I'm leaving. You're wasting my time."

He purses his lips together and he puts his cards to the side. That's how you know he only had questions about my relationship.

"What is it that motivates you to keep going with your life?"

"See was that so hard? My mom is my biggest motivator. Ever since I was young, my mom told me to do what makes me happy; to literally just do it or get left behind. My biggest fear is missing out on something because I didn't just go for it."

"That's so sweet. I could really say the same thing. My family used to be the same way when I was younger. They're definitely right when they say to go for whatever your heart desires. Would you say the Letitia plays a role in that as well?"

I sigh, trying not to lose my temper, "yes, she does. Next question."

"How are your guys' fans taking the news?"

I stand up, "that's all interviewers know how to ask. Relationship this, relationship that, nothing about the person you're interviewing. Not once did your narrow ass ask me about my life and events that occurred in my life like the fuck y'all are supposed to do. You told me the rundown of the questions you'd ask, and not one of them are the ones you asked. With that being said, don't call me for nan other interview. And I'd like my check in the mail today please." Then I walk out.

My face was hot, I was absolutely fuming. Like I literally knew this shit was going to happen. Immediately after getting into the car, I call Tish who answers quicker than I thought she would.

"Hey love. What's wrong?" She asks, voice full of concern. It was almost like she knew.

I sigh before speaking, "babe, I told you he would be on some bullshit."

"What happened?"

"He kept asking about you and our relationship. Even went as far as throwing Kehlani in the mix. You know I don't like to speak on what happened to the public. I don't even know why shit like that even matters months later."

"They're always going to do shit like that. They do it for the views just like the shade room. I swear the same thing happened to me a while back. Don't stress about it please. I have to go but just know I love you, and I will call you back as soon as I get the chance."

I smile, I finally get to say it back!!!!!!

"I love you too. Please be safe."

"You as well, my love."

Click

OH EM GEEEEEEEEEEE I COULD FALL TO THE FLOOR IF I WAS STANDING RIGHT NOW. Instead I just sink into my seat, smiling like a fucking idiot. I did love her, more than a lot of things in this world. Just so glad she could give me an even more safe space while talking to her. I just loved her warm spirit and I could feel it even over the phone.

Vegas Vegas Vegas

GUYS 3 MORE CHAPTERS AND ITS A WRAPPPPP PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR SOMETHING GINORMOUS TO HAPPEN!!!!! I can't wait for you guys to read the finale🥹 I love all of you, stay fruity👩🏽‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏾