Thirteen || Brylan

Dipping my fry into my ranch I can't help but smile like an idiot

Dipping my fry into my ranch I can't help but smile like an idiot. 'You're in a good mood today,'

Dipping my head towards him I just smile again. My reluctancy didn't stop until we got here. I kept asking him if it was actually okay for me to go with him but now that we've progressed past TSA and we sent out bags through to the plane; The only one I have left is the backpack on my bag and I'm thrilled.

I don't think I'm excited per say. I'm fucking nervous but I feel relieved. I don't have to worry about Jordan or any of his friends now that Damon spoke to him again. Eventually I'll go back and I know that but at least I'll have a couple moments in which I can be happy.

We ended up stopping at an Arby's that we found inside the airport. So I savor the good feelings I'm having by channeling the energy to the curly fries in front of me. It's making them taste way better than they should.

'I thought you didn't want to come?' He teases my upbeat mood but I just offer him a fry. Almost retracting my offer, I almost forgot that he's not a fan of greasy foods. He hates junk food which is crazy to me. It's been crafted for people to love it more than their families and partners. Even though it decieves you. It's like a toxic relationship. Yet he keeps claiming he already had it last week so he doesn't want anymore. One of his major hobbies is cooking so he claims that calling it real food is a joke.

'Thank you,' he shockingly accepts. Usually he's shake his head and say no but I've noticed a switch in his attitude. He's been trying so hard with me recently. Waiting to make me feel better on top of not wanting to upset me again it's showing in his actions.

'I don't really care about the not telling people about me thing anymore.' I lie to myself. I'm not overtly angered by it but remembering still stings a little and I wonder how obvious it is because he goes silent for a few seconds.

'I'm so sorry.' He calls my bluff.

Opening my mouth to speak I'm interrupted by the intercom. Our plane is about to leave soon so I give him the rest of my positivity fries before gently kissing him on the lips.

'It's okay.' I pull away.

He goes to kiss me again but this time it's longer. His kiss is a lot tamer than his usual which is something I immediately notice. I don't think he enjoys the change in pace because he holds them for for time and seems dissatisfied when he pulls away.

'Let's go before we miss the plane.' He waves for me to follow him.

Noticing him limping, it's not that obvious. It's must've been pretty discrete since I'm only now picking up on it and we've spent pretty much the whole day together. At one point he held all the bags and didn't complain or struggle so I hadn't assumed anything would be wrong.

'What happened to your knee?' I point it out.

'Hmm?' The limp ceases to exist the moment I bring attention to it. So it wasn't in my head. He was walking normally earlier.

'You just fixed it.' Im not crazy. He was literally just limping and I know what I saw. Staring at me as if in thought he breaks eye contact before awkwardly readjusting his carry on bag.

'I hit it on a hard surface. Nothing to worry about, it'll go away later.' He brushes it off which makes me sigh.

'Be careful next time.' I warn him but he just looks away.

'There's out gate,' he uses his hand to show me the big 37 sign next to a cue of people. 'Let's line up before the line gets even longer,'

***

Watching as he unlocks the door, my heart almost gives in when someone jumps at Damon. He doesn't flinch or react, instead he just moves the person to the side.

'Spare key. Now.' He holds his hand out and the unknown person groans before handing it to him.

'It's not my fault that you keep leaving it at my place when you—' he pauses when he notices me. Tilting my head as if he's trying to figure out who I am he glances at Damon from the corner of his eye. Opening his mouth to ask he clamps it shut as if he instantly realizes. 'Shit! I almost didn't recognize you? Woah you look good. I actually thought you were too good to be true in that bikini pic but my god you did not diss—'

'Enough Benjamin.' Damon snaps at him. 'That's enough.'

'Yikes. Someone's mad.' He speaks to Damon but he keeps his eyes on me and I can't help but laugh.

'You're Benji?' I clarify and I'm starting to recognize him from a few videos and pictures. 'I've seen photos of you,'

A little startled he look over to Damon. 'You talk about me? I feel honored.'

'Don't be.' He seems irritated and bothered. 'It's late Benji, I'll see you tomorrow or something, I don't know. Let me be with my girlfriend please.'

'Woah okay. Didn't mean to intrude on your private time or anything,' a wide grin sneaks onto his face and I can't help but grow my own. He's so playful.

Looking over to Damon when I notice him staring at me I drop my smile and he frowns. 'Leave.' He waves Benji off so he turns to the door.

He barely makes it two steps before turning back. 'Or I could just stay here. We can have a three person party together. I wanna get to know this mystery girl who turned my friend straight.'

Choking out a laugh, I have no idea what the fuck he's on about. 'Damon is straight.' I unintentionally sound uncertain. It takes us the same amount of time to notice because we laugh again at the same time.

'Nah, I like you. For a sec I was worried that you were just a pretty face but you have a sense of humor.' Quickly throwing his hands up as if to anticipate Damon's reaction before it even happens he looks over to him. 'Not saying I would blame you. She's hot as fuck like if she wasn't your—'

'Why are you here man.' I feel Damon's hand lingers on my back. Sliding onto my waist as if to assert some form of ownership he signals for him to leave. 'Benji I spend four or five hours in a plane. I feel stiff and I just want some peace. Please come by tomorrow or preferably the day after. I'm confused on why you're even here at this time?'

Silence. Too much silence and now I'm confused. 'Do not tell me you forgot. You're horrible. The party—'

'Fuck.' Groaning he rubs his face as if he's done something wrong. Confused on what exactly is going on he orders Benji to leave once again. Damon is obviously exhausted. Anyone with eyes could tell.

Even though I offered he drove us to the airport. It was a good hour and a half then the plane trip wasn't all that short either. He hasn't slept well the night prior so he was going to sleep in the plane but he underestimated how many crying children they'd be on the entirety of the plane. When we got off I again offered to drive again but he refused. Getting here took three hours alone. That and his limp as gotten worse. He's actively hiding it but at times he'll falter for a couple moments before he's walking properly again. It's why I was a bit more persistent with driving when we got off the plane but he wouldn't let me. Apparently I seemed tired, which I was, but he's having it worse than myself.

'Do you have any party attire?' He sheepishly looks over to me. Guilty almost. This whole event seems to be upsetting him. If he's truly that tired we can just brush it over and go to another. I assume there's plenty of them in universities at least. Unless I'm wrong, I'm not sure, but that's how I think it would be. Barely legal adults and no supervision isn't the picture of innocence.

'Yeah I do? I packed pretty much everything I thought I would need when visiting uni students.' Obviously my assumption was right.