Twenty-eight || Brylan

Kill me now

Kill me now.

Changing the position I'm seated in, it catches his attention and he speaks to me for the first time since I stepped into this car. I wonder if the school was always this far from Katie and Damon's house. If anything I'd rather be in my bed instead. No one in their family is home yet so being alone with him isn't something I'm looking forward too.

'You and Zayn?' He asks as he leans to the foot compartment to grab something. It's only three words but I know exactly what he's asking.

'What?' I don't know why I asked for clarification. I think I'm more shocked that he spoke to me. I'd understand if he didn't want to.

'You showed up with him, sat with his family and I saw you talking with him at the back before you lined up alphabetically. You also wanted to go home with him so there's that.' The fact that he was watching me catches me off guard. The way he was looking at me whilst we were with everyone else screamed 'I don't know who you are and I don't care either.' Him bringing me here looked more like a favor to his sister than anything else.

'Here.' He hands me my water bottle but he keeps his eyes on the road. Taking a deep breath I thank him before taking it. I've had this for years and I use it for everything because it's sealed and convenient. I've been looking for it for months even up to now. Except I only mentioned how it's basically an extension of me once to him. 'There's a couple other small things but I thought you'd actually miss this. You left in such a rush so you forgot it.'

That was a dig. I know it was because I know him. Slouching in my seat I thank him again before fumbling with the lid. 'Me and Zayn aren't in a relationship...we aren't just friends either. It's a little confusing,'

'So it's not serious then.' He disregards it as if the whole thing is just a waste of time. Call me dramatic but I take an immense amount of offense to it. I wouldn't call it a good use of time but it isn't a waste. 'Have you had sex with him or whatever? He can be a douche so it's probably all he wants from you. Don't waste your time with him,'

He's looking at me now. 'Yes I have, thanks, and he's gentle with me. Plus he's actually a really nice guy. We can hangout together without the sex. You know that's not what makes me attracted to someone so please don't patronize me.' I know I shouldn't lie but I don't know if I can sit through him looking down on whatever I am with Zayn anymore. It's not fair. I've never criticized all the woman I've seen him with recently so why should he criticize me. Seeing him with so many of them is what made me think I had to move on because how lame is that? You break up with someone then you end up the one holding on.

Lucky enough he doesn't speak to me for the rest of the drive but it's short lived when he stops the car outside my place. I hadn't even realized he'd gone off track. When he's parked he looks at me again but this time it's not just at my eyes. He's taking me in. Not sexually. His eyes don't linger, it's as if he's looking at someone he hasn't seen before.