Twenty-four || Brylan

Thirty-four messages and fifteen phone calls

Thirty-four messages and fifteen phone calls. I am officially the worst girlfriend on this fucking planet. Worst ex-girlfriend? I don't know what my relationship status is right now but I assume I'm single given the letter I left on his fridge before I left. That's why I'm the worst. I couldn't even break up with him to his face. Then again I know myself. I wouldn't have gone through with it. Looking him in the eyes for even half a second would've made me forget what I was even trying to do. So now I'm sitting on my bedroom floor staring at my phone because again, he's sent me thirty-four messages and fifteen phone calls.

Rubbing my face I pick up my phone to see a new message. One that's not from him.

'Hello? Is this Brylans number? This is Benji.'

'Yeah it's me.' I respond immediately. Sending the message I'm a little caught off guard when he calls me instead shooting me another text. After ten or so seconds of reconsidering if I should just block him I pick up.

'You left?! Did you actually leave? Damon said he got an email that you swapped your plane ticket since he paid for it.' He seems shocked. 'He's so upset Brylan, he was crying when I checked up on him.'

'He was?' My voice is weak. Fuck. Even the thought of him being upset hurts my heart. If I where to call him and hear it in his voice—I can't do it.

'Yes he was. We had training today and he didn't show up. Doesn't seem like all that much but unless you have a death wish or you're already dead it's better to not skip out on it unless you sent an email in advance. They don't fuck around with devision one players Brylan. You can't just pick and choose these things. They're strict on you here.' He explains to me. 'Coach didn't know where he was, then I remembered how upset you where when you came over and I got worried. I went to his room and I've never seen him so disappointed to see me when he opened the door. He was waiting for you.'

'Don't do this to me.' I palm my face. I cannot do this right now. 'He was with another girl Benji. I'm hurt as shit and things keep repeating themselves. I've never cried as much as I have when I was with him this month and I'm tired of it.'

'Oh.' He hums. 'I don't really know what's happening but please just talk to him about it.'

'Yeah I don't know.'

'Brylan I never really care for my friends relationships because they're not that serious but I've never seen him cry.' He's trying so hard. 'I've never seen anyone so self destructive over a girl. I didn't leave until he had drained himself to sleep because I was worried about what he would do to himself if I left him Brylan. In no world am I saying that's your fault but you need to talk to him. Just call me back if you want me to help you do it'

I hang up. Not because I don't want to continue the conversation but because I hadn't seen Sasha standing at the door with his arms crossed.

'Just call me back if you want me to help you do it?' She mocks him. 'Did I walk in at the wrong time? What's happening between you and Damon because I don't know if I like this new guy—'