Twenty-three || Brylan

What the fuck? Groaning when I rub my eyes because they feel sore as shit

What the fuck? Groaning when I rub my eyes because they feel sore as shit. Grabbing my phone from the beside table I open up camera to see that my eyes are red. Did I cry last night? Sitting up I turn to where Damon should be but he's gone.

'Damon?' I call out since his bedroom door it open but I don't get a response.

Sliding out of camera I tap on Damon's contact to see a message I didn't see. Stopping when I see the message before that, it almost immediately stunts my memory. 'Sorry. Call is taking a bit so I'm gonna go out real quick </3 You can go to sleep if I'm not back before then. I'll join you later.'

Oh right. The message is cute so when I received it I smiled for maybe point five seconds but then the anxiety kicked in. What is he doing? Who is he calling? It wasn't anywhere near dark so whatever they wanted must've been important. I so desperately wanted to ask and still want to but his whole life isn't me. He made it pretty apparent that he had a life besides me when he accidentally took antidepressants in front of me. I don't want to pressure him into saying something personal.

But what about the red stuff on his mouth? I'm not a newborn it was obvious it was lipstick but for what reason would he have lipstick on his mouth. It wasn't even on properly, it was smeared as of someone tried to remove it. As if a very drunk person tried to remove it but they did a poor job. He was drunk. Stop it Brylan. It was probably food or alcohol tint? I don't know. He didn't exactly explain when I asked and he didn't bring it up when he was sober.

I already made him feel like he had to cut out one of his friends even though I couldn't care less about her. I just don't want to make him feel as if he has to tell me something simply because it'll make me feel better when there was nothing there in the first place. God dammit Brylan why can't you just be normal. You get emotional over what if's instead of what's actually there. Now your eyes are sore because you went and cried about it. Pathetic.

Switching on my phone on again. I didn't exactly see his latest message. 'I went for a jog, I'll bring you breakfast You seemed tired so I didn't want to wake you up. I think I'll be back before you even see this anyways.'

Flinching when a call comes through. I barely got through the whole message. It's Sasha. Answering it, I'd completely forgotten that I promised to call her back. Picking up the call I'm met with a loud scream and for a split second I almost assume she's dying on me. 'Brylannn! A new season of that one show came out! When are you coming back? We need to watch it like right now.'

'I'll be back in three days so I'm home for Christmas,' I let her know but instead of acknowledging that she groans as if I said three weeks.

'You want me to wait three whole days?'

'Then watch it without me Sasha,' I hum but this time I don't receive another dose of sarcasm. She almost takes two minutes to respond and I almost assume she hung up. 'Hello?'