Forty || Brylan

Sifting my fingers through the sheets I drag my other hand up his chest, bringing Damon's shirt with it, I stop when he moves

Sifting my fingers through the sheets I drag my other hand up his chest, bringing Damon's shirt with it, I stop when he moves. 'Are you awake?' Getting off his chest when he asks, I fall back onto my own pillow. Followed by a sigh of relief when he stiffly turns away from me for a couple seconds I watch as he stretches his arms out.

Turning back to me, his eyes are bloodshot. I drop my smile when he begins to rub his eye with his fist. 'You okay?'

'Nah. I started getting hot last night and I couldn't move because I didn't want to wake you.' He gives me a weak smile. 'I was stuck in a gross, uncomfortable position so I barely slept.'

Feeling the corner of my lip switch I would've moved if he just woke me up and asked me too. 'I'm sorry.'

'No it's okay.' He hums. 'You where sleeping so peacefully. It was a change from before you woke up since you were so panicked. You seemed so afraid of me so I was wondering what you were dreaming about but you didn't say a word,'

Taking a sharp breath I roll on my back. I used to get dreams like this when I was fifteen. When Jordan fucked me over the first time, it was all I could think about but that faded out. They didn't even come back when he did it again with his little friends. I want to say they where regular nightmares. Maybe recollections of things that happened because of course my brain would want to remind me every waking moment but no. They never were. Instead they'd poison all the good things in my life.

'I wasn't afraid, it's just that you...' I trail off. 'You should get some sleep.'

'No I don't have a lot of time. I'll sleep on the plane.' He taps his finger on my neck. 'No rush,'

'The plane? Are you going back today?' I turn back to him.

Poking the inside of my cheek I feel my stomach churn. I don't want him to leave yet but I don't think I can go with him again. A cover story isn't something I have and even if I did I'm not on the best term with my parents. I want him to stay but I understand if he can't. Being so far away from him is such a pain in the ass. Especially when I need him.

'Yeah I am.' His voice cracks. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't want to go or if it's because he's tired. Maybe both. '...I can stay, don't worry. I'll scrap the ticket and get it switched for another day. It's not like I have training this summer, coach is giving us a breather since he says we deserved it. Granted we still need to be there for the last two weeks but that's still a lot of time.'

'No it's fine.' I turn it down. 'You still need to go back, for that basketball offer. After you take it they'll probably want you in for some stuff.'

'Brylan.' His frown irks a groan out of me. Pulling away from him, I can't keep having this conversation anymore.

'Damon don't,' I sit up so he follows suit. Just a little more groggier than me. 'Just take it. Seriously.'

'No one just takes the first offer you're given, that's bullshit,' he doesn't hide his frustration. I don't bother hiding my own either because it's not his first one. He's gotten a few before but this one is significant bigger. 'I want to stay here with you. That's my decision because I only live once Bry. Let me chose what I do with my life,'