Forty-one || Brylan

Damon went back to California last night

Damon went back to California last night. He called the team and they immediately wanted him back so they could talk. Just to make sure he's serious and it isn't just a momentary decision. He'd have to sign a long term contract and getting one of those revoked is a lot of work and way too much effort. They'd want someone who's sure and he hasn't been showing that certainty but he is now.

Till he's done that and spoken to his school about it, then he'll get back to me. He can't be in school and on the team at the same time since his sessions will clash with his games so there's quite a bit that he needs to do. For now I'm stuck here.

Stabbing my fork into the food I loaded on my plate, I don't want to eat any of it. I haven't eaten anything all day since it would've required me to come out of my room. It didn't seem like such a bad idea until you take into account that my parents have been camping the kitchen and living room. I wouldn't be able to get past without them noticing so I didn't bother. I don't want to talk to them and they haven't made any effort either.

Besides this dinner at least. They forced me to come down so it's not like I even had an option. So the last thing I want to do is eat. I don't want to give them that satisfaction and I know that's petty but shoot me for being angry. The one time I thought my parents where finally being my parents was when I thought they believed me. I guess not.

'I don't like that boy.' Slowly looking up to my mother she's already got her eyes pinned on me. 'I heard what he said. Who does he think he is? So disrespectful.'

Shifting my attention to my dad. Unless she was told a twisted version of what was said, I see no lie. Every word that came out of Damon's mouth yesterday night was the absolute truth. 'What.' I drop my fork into my plate.

'dejar la actitud. I don't like your tone Brylan.' She clicks her fork against her plate. 'Be respectful.'

I'm done. I can't do this anymore.

'Be respectful? Be respectful?' I throw my hands into the air. 'I've been respectful for the past ten years. I've been trying and trying to be even a fraction of what you wished I was. I joined clubs, I worked on my schoolwork, I put hours of my time into a sport I joined because of you. All I've been doing is silencing myself. Why? Because I wanted you to at least pretend to love me. The only reason I did anything was because I wished for just five minutes you'd do more than the bare minimum. I would've been so happy if you just claimed to like me. Even if I knew it was fabricated. You have no clue how happy that lie would've made me.'

'You think we don't care? We did everything to make sure you where clothed, fed and homed. We let you go out and do whatever you wanted. Who do you think payed for all those activities? We never complained that you were switching clubs and sports. We funded all of them regardless.' She argues back and I hold back the urge to pick up and throw something. She's hearing me but she isn't listening.