Sixteen || Damon

This was the first night in weeks where I was able to sleep past five in the fucking morning but no

This was the first night in weeks where I was able to sleep past five in the fucking morning but no. Of course I had to be woken up at six because my phone won't stop ringing. Groaning I pick up to avoid waking up Brylan. She doesn't wake up this early and I want her to rest.

'What?' I grumble into the phone. I don't even care if the other person finds me rude. Expect an unwelcoming response if you spam someone at this hour.

'What the fuck is wrong with you!' I hear a voice scream in my ear. Pulling it away I have to lower my volume. They're speaking so loud that they may as well be on speaker.

'Hush for christs sake. People are sleeping.' I groan. 'Give me a second.'

Sliding off the bed I place my phone down before fixing the blanket onto Brylan. Picking up my phone I leave the bedroom before closing the door behind me. Sitting on the couch I increase the volume before yawning.

'Who am I talking too?' I ask.

'Do you not have my contact saved?' They ask so I look at my phone before groaning.

'What the fuck do you want Tegan? Why couldn't you have waiting until twelve to yell at me for god knows what.'

'Just be grateful I didn't call you at one in the morning because I nearly did.' She yells. 'Tell me why Sophia is sleeping in my bed because she came over crying because of you.'

Frowning I rub my eyes. 'Is she okay?'

'Shut up with your is she okay.' She takes a deep breath. 'She told me that you said that she has personality issues or some shit. You said that she was the problem and that she needed to self reflect? Is that true?'

'She insulted Brylan and I snapped. I'm sorry but I tried to apologize.' I explain. 'She wasn't listening.'

'Come here and apologize again, dipshit.' She orders but I refuse. 'Please Damon. Just say sorry so we can get over this.'

'I can't do it I'm sorry. I already apologized but she'll be fine in a day or two.' I try to sound sympathize with her. Sophia's her best friend but we're just as close so she isn't in the best situation right now. 'We aren't talking for the meantime.'

'What?! You're legitimately unfriending her? Are you a fucking idiot? She told me that's why you came over but I didn't take her seriously. Look. Just come over and fix this please?' She's whispering now. Maybe Sophia woke up.

'That's why I'm doing it. I have a girlfriend and I don't want to upset her. If your boyfriend was super friendly with another girl wouldn't you be upset?' I question her and I take her silence as the answer I needed. 'Exactly. Now let me go please. Don't call me this early again for fucks sake, just text me—actually unless your dying or you need me to fight off some guy don't text me before ten am.'

'Damon I'm coming over.' She states. 'To knock some sense into you. This is irrational. You need to communicate and not just—'

'I communicated and I got my word across. I'm not going to change my mind just because I hurt someone's feelings. Call me cruel, call me ruthless but that's me setting my boundaries for the meantime.'