Thirty-six || Damon

This seriously wasn't the desired outcome but it was entirely my fault

This seriously wasn't the desired outcome but it was entirely my fault. I took things too far so now I'm here. Pulling back into the bed I poke the inside of my cheek. Right now I'm seated on the goddamn edge of a hospital bed. Emphasis on the hospital bed. I'm clearly not doing okay physically at the moment but do these officers care? No. Why should they. Instead of letting me rest and possibly pity myself they've been asking me the same question for the past ten minutes and I've given them the same answer.

'I just felt like it.' I repeat myself.

Swallowing a lump of guilt that won't leave me alone, I turn my head to the side so I don't have to look at the obvious eyes burning a hole though the side of my head. I know this is going to send me into a lot of shit but I can't tell them why I did it. I'd feel even worse knowing I told the officer in front of her and her parents. I remember her mentioning a couple times that I'm one of two people who actively know. Now it's three because of Zayn but before that it was only two.

She has two parents and a sister. If the other person is amongst them then that leaves two people who don't know. Regardless I'd be sharing information I shouldn't be sharing. 'How's Zayn?' I look over to the second officer. She's the one who's been giving me legitimate responses.

I'm not sure if they have a good cop bad cop thing going on but it sure as hell isn't going to work. It's also a little corny. 'He's fine and awake. They just need to do a few more checks on him to make sure he'll be good to go. There's a change he might have a concussion,'

'Damon you're the one who sent him here. If you can't provide a real reason on why you suddenly attacked him then you might end up with charges. You're above eighteen. No one is going to go easy on you and your record is clean. Do you want to mess that up?' The cop I've been trying to avoid speaks to me again. Can't she take a hint and let me be?

As honest as she's being, she's still being more lenient with me than she should be and it's obvious. They're giving me the curtesy of asking me here instead of at a station or some shit. They know who I am and I can tell. The population of this place isn't that massive and my high-school was known for its sport. For that reason it's not hard to miss me.

'Trust me. We're the nice ones. It's why they sent us to see you. If you don't cooperate then you'll have to come talk to an actual—'

'I'm here too. I didn't beat myself up. I'm in the same hospital as him for a reason.' They act as if I haven't been harassed by the doctors myself. I'd argue that I'm fine but the medicine professionals state otherwise so I'm stuck here until their confident.

'You're not the one who was acting in self defense Damon. Regardless if you're here or not, you're in the wrong but we think otherwise. We think there's another reason—'

'Didn't you hear me. I said I just fucking felt like it. If you want to take me then take me. Remove this IV shit outta my arm and we can go now.' I snap. I don't even care that I'm being watched. If sending the boy they actually liked to the hospital didn't stunt Brylan's parents I don't know what will. Whatever relationship I hoped for is ruined so I don't even care anymore.